Apple debuts new iPhone discounts, subsidies to gain ground in India

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by souliisoul View Post

Maybe Indians are smart enough not to accept the inflated prices of all high end smartphones from various companies that is easily accepted in the 'other' countries.

What makes you think you can call those prices "inflated"?

• Reply 22 of 36
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What makes you think you can call those prices "inflated"?

By the sheer margins/profits that companies are obtaining by selling such phones in 'other' countries. The companies would have undertaken market research to understand, what is acceptable in the 'high profit markets and set the price accordingly. It has been documented what margins for Samsung & Apple phones are in western markets, so your question could have been answered by yourself.

I doubt you were looking for a discussion with me, but again defending your pride and joy.

E.g., With concern to US market, phones are supported by Telecon companies, BUT you screwed with cost of calls. My mobile bill in India is much cheaper, then I was even living in US and I make International calls on my phone from India to around the world. You are still paying for the phone, just in indirect fashion.

Not going to provide links, since you can do your own research right here in appleinsider.com

• Reply 23 of 36

By the sheer margins/profits that companies are obtaining by selling such phones in 'other' countries.

I'll reword my original question, since you don't seem to get it: What gives you the right to say the price of a thing is "inflated"?

• Reply 24 of 36

Quote:

I'll reword my original question, since you don't seem to get it: What gives you the right to say the price of a thing is "inflated"?

I do get it, you DON'T get my answer and then assume to state that I don't get your comments, maybe you need to be more clear and direct. Real arrogance shown by you. I am a consumer, I can have my opinion or is this not free forum for discussion as I assumed.

• Reply 25 of 36

…maybe you need to be more clear and direct.

… I cannot be more clear or direct than either of the questions I have asked.

The prices are not inflated. They are the same worldwide. No one else in any other country has any trouble paying these prices. So I say to you: What makes you think that they are "inflated", and what would give you the right to say that, given the evidence?

• Reply 26 of 36

Quote:

The prices are not inflated. They are the same worldwide. No one else in any other country has any trouble paying these prices. So I say to you: What makes you think that they are "inflated", and what would give you the right to say that, given the evidence?

As stated in my previous reply, I was talking about the margin/profit from such smartphones, but ignore that comment and focused on cost of the phones worldwide, so you did not get my statement or unable to show it is wrong. Anyway time to move on, your agrument has no evidence.

So you understand, this is what I am talking about.

"Margin (on sales) is the difference between selling price and cost. This difference is typically expressed either as a percentage of selling price or on a per-unit basis. Managers need to know margins for almost all marketing decisions. Margins represent a key factor in pricing, return on marketing spending, earnings forecasts, and analyses of customer profitability." In a survey of nearly 200 senior marketing managers, 78 percent responded that they found the "margin %" metric very useful while 65 percent found "unit margin" very useful. "A fundamental variation in the way people talk about margins lies in the difference between percentage margins and unit margins on sales. The difference is easy to reconcile, and managers should be able to switch back and forth between the two.

So margin on High end smartphones are suitable to 'other countries', but Indians will not pay for such high priced phones, since their cost of living is 60% lower than USA and you are selling the these products at the same cost. I am talking about unlocked phones, not phones supported by mobile companies, since this makes the cost affordable, which does not work as a business model in India for other reasons.

Another example is medicines, you will go bankrupt in USA being treated for Cancer, but in India the same medicine will be cost you  25-40% of the USA price (depending on brand) Again Indians will not pay such high prices, since they cost of living is lower and comapnies have to conform or not do business in India.  Another example is Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery)  this costs 25-40,000in USA and India costs USD 7-10,000. The doctors are same educated as US doctors and obtained their postgraduate training in western hospitals. Apple have to manufacture a low-cost phone like Samsung, Nokia and other to gain substanital market in India, since we will not accept such high costs.

• Reply 27 of 36

Quote:

In your mind you are clear and direct, your opinion..lol

• Reply 28 of 36

…that comment and focused on cost of the phones worldwide, so you did not get my statement or unable to show it is wrong. Anyway time to move on, your agrument has no evidence.

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is $649 in India.

And you're claiming MY argument doesn't exist? Pathetic.

• Reply 29 of 36

Quote:

Quote:

You are pathetic you jump from one agrument to next,..LOL no wonder you have put so much quantity not on forum.

Lets see how long I can keep you going..image

Again Indians are not buying HIGH smartphones because there are too expensive, unless you drop the price....btw They dropped the price in India, since in Australia it is USD$725 (after price drop as well), oh that is the same price as other countries..USA is not only country..lol

http://tech2.in.com/news/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-s4-sees-a-price-drop-now-available-for-rs-40000/872968, You can get it for Rs37,000 (USD 668) read the article.

http://www.saverscene.com.au/mobile-phones/8010-best-price-australia-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9500-16gb-black-white-kogan.html

lastly UK cost is the same rate...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-16GB-Black-Smartphone/dp/B00BULARVA (USD 757)

LOL !

I provide factual links!

• Reply 30 of 36

Again Indians are not buying HIGH smartphones because there are too expensive, unless you drop the price...

Apple isn't doing that. End of discussion. You want a cheaper one, you buy the older model. Simple.

• Reply 31 of 36

Quote:

Apple isn't doing that. End of discussion. You want a cheaper one, you buy the older model. Simple.

Oh you did not follow-up on my last comment, but replied to old comment, LOL you are funny boy.

Samsung S4 (you decided to use S4 as reference not me..lol, for Apple guy, little silly) UK launch price was USD 954 and India launch price was USD 740, Yes the prices were the same worldwide..LOL

http://www.whathifi.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s4-price-confirmed-as-pre-orders-open-in-uk ; and in india http://www.gsmarena.com/sams

I asked you to provide links again, no links hot air.

For all exchange rates, i use https://www.google.co.in/search?q=exchange+rate&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb

Btw you reputation supports my comments http://stuff-appletards-say.blogspot.in/p/blog-page.html ; and if it shows the post does not exist, then click on this link and you own title in main page ..lol  http://stuff-appletards-say.blogspot.in/  ; lol bye bye

• Reply 32 of 36

Oh you did not follow-up on my last comment, but replied to old comment, LOL you are funny boy.

I just don't give a crap. I'm responding to my original argument.

…UK launch price was USD 954 and India launch price was USD 740

The point being the price is roughly the iPhone price. Your utter failure in understanding that Apple doesn't make utter crap, nor do they want to, renders your argument moot.

I asked you to provide links again, no links hot air.

What reason could I possibly have for providing links to something you've invented on your own? I don't care about what you're saying; pay attention to what I'm saying. The iPhone is the equivalent of the Galaxy S4. If the iPhone is "too expensive", so is the S4. Neither are. If Apple sells fewer iPhones in India, Samsung sells fewer S4s. 

Apple. Doesn't. Care. That. Cheaper. Phones. Exist.

• Reply 33 of 36

Quote:

I just don't give a crap. I'm responding to my original argument.

The point being the price is roughly the iPhone price. Your utter failure in understanding that Apple doesn't make utter crap, nor do they want to, renders your argument moot.

What reason could I possibly have for providing links to something you've invented on your own? I don't care about what you're saying; pay attention to what I'm saying. The iPhone is the equivalent of the Galaxy S4. If the iPhone is "too expensive", so is the S4. Neither are. If Apple sells fewer iPhones in India, Samsung sells fewer S4s. 

Apple. Doesn't. Care. That. Cheaper. Phones. Exist.

Yep the blog about you is right, at least you can not ban me for not agreeing with you..lol

I said HIGH END SMARTYPHONES..that includes S4, IPhone, HTC one, BB Z10...never said S4 was cheaper...man do you make this crap up in your mind and you should be nicknamed the 'Twister'..lol

Apple Doesn't. Care. that Cheaper. Phones. Exist...LMAO, that's why Apple are considering a cheaper iPhone for emerging markets..LMAO..you really are full of it.

Do not try to make me out a S4 supporter, I been an Apple buyer longer than probably you! I commenting on HIGH END SMARTPHONE situation in India..please read last sentence slowly..lol

You seem to be talked about for all wrong reasons...read the second post on this page http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1432224&page=2

• Reply 34 of 36

I said HIGH END SMARTYPHONES..that includes S4, IPhone, HTC one, BB Z10...never said S4 was cheaper...

Again, pay attention to what I'm saying. Your complaint that the iPhone is too expensive is unfounded. Other companies' phones are the same price as the iPhone in India. 

Where these companies differ is in their low cost offerings. Apple doesn't make cheap, plastic, throwaway crap. Others do.

…that's why Apple are considering a cheaper iPhone for emerging markets…

Do you… always take rumors as fact? Because that doesn't work. Talk about full of it.

Do not try to make me out a S4 supporter…

Said nor implied nothing of the sort.

I commenting on HIGH END SMARTPHONE situation in India…

And again, Apple does not need to make the iPhone cheaper, because the iPhone is not a low end phone.

You seem to be talked about for all wrong reasons...read the second post on this page http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1432224&page=2

So you take as fact both rumors and… MacRumors, a site where you are banned for liking Apple and banned for reporting accounts which do nothing but lie about Apple.

That's hilarious.

• Reply 35 of 36

Quote:

Again, pay attention to what I'm saying. Your complaint that the iPhone is too expensive is unfounded. Other companies' phones are the same price as the iPhone in India. 

Where these companies differ is in their low cost offerings. Apple doesn't make cheap, plastic, throwaway crap. Others do.

Do you… always take rumors as fact? Because that doesn't work. Talk about full of it.

Said nor implied nothing of the sort.

And again, Apple does not need to make the iPhone cheaper, because the iPhone is not a low end phone.

So you take as fact both rumors and… MacRumors, a site where you are banned for liking Apple and banned for reporting accounts which do nothing but lie about Apple.

That's hilarious.

My first comment said HIGH END SMARTPHONES..maybe you should read again, never singled out Apple, but all HIGH END SMARTPHONES ...Lol

Concerning you if you read the comment I provided you 2 links, but again you had selective way of replying to my comments.....so here is initial reference to you

http://stuff-appletards-say.blogspot.in/p/blog-page.html   and http://stuff-appletards-say.blogspot.in/   lol bye bye

Btw How is your account on Macrumors, are you still banned or they have allowed you to come back and you left http://9to5forums.com/ because people ganged up on you or is it because you were abusive to people who made comments, you did not agree to...:-)

• Reply 36 of 36

Quote:

I know why I do not come to this forum regularly anymore, with these types of comments and cheap shots. Maybe Indians are smart enough not to accept the inflated prices of all high end smartphones from various companies that is easily accepted in the 'other' countries.

and

Margin on High end smartphones are suitable to 'other countries', but Indians will not pay for such high priced phones, since their cost of living is 60% lower than USA and you are selling these products at the same cost. I am talking about unlocked phones, not phones supported by mobile companies, since this makes the cost affordable, which does not work as a business model in India for other reasons.(previous comment by me).

So you can not read here is my initial comments again and later comment, please show were it stated Apple.  you are hilarious and  boring now.  Actually you are the one that mentioned Samsung and Apple by name, I tried to provide comments on overall costs of HIGH END SMARTPHONES in India, stating the costs are too high for  their standard of living, so there is massive market, for low priced smartphone and will get more traction. image