iPhone owners spend 55% more time on their phone than Android users

Comments

• Reply 41 of 75
    urkelurkel Posts: 7member

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrodriguez View Post

The percentages of difference are so small they seem insignificant.

Since when has insignificant numbers based on inaccurate data ever stopped an Apple blog from postings a non-story?

• Reply 42 of 75
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Urkel View Post

Since when has insignificant numbers based on inaccurate data ever stopped an Apple blog from postings a non-story?

You're trolling.

In before, "Did I do that?"

• Reply 43 of 75

Apple servers aren't working too well today.

• Reply 44 of 75
    umrk_labumrk_lab Posts: 550member

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaprofessor View Post

Apple servers aren't working too well today.

and a galaxy S3 exploded last night :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1f5hoq/my_samsung_galaxy_s3_exploded_last_night_while_i/

• Reply 45 of 75
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    ...a) it takes more time on an iphone to do a similar task (doubtful)...

To Google's credit, I do seem to have to spend less time performing similar tasks on android than iOS. Now granted I went from an iPhone 4 to a nexus 4, so there was a significant bump in raw performance, but two things really stand out for me:

1. Unless I need to lookup or do something out of the norm, Google now takes care of a lot of everyday tasks.

2. Typing is significantly faster for me with sywpe.
  • Reply 46 of 75
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    1 hour and 15 minutes? uh uh.. save me. I'm sure I'm easily quadrupling that number...
  • Reply 47 of 75
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Android users, meanwhile, devote a greater share of their smartphone usage time to browsing the Web.

Android users spend more time browsing the web, yet Android's actual web usage share trails iOS by nearly 40 percentage points (iOS 69.0%, Android 26.5%.)  And the gap is widening.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/05/07/apples-ios-widens-lead-over-android-in-us-mobile-web-traffic

• Reply 48 of 75

Wasn't there a study recently that showed iPhone users spent far more money shopping (per user) than Android users?  If this study is to be believed, they spend about the same amount of time surfing the web, so that implies the iPhone users are far more efficient at finding things to buy.  And at buying them.  This may reflect different demographics of the two classes of user, or it may reflect ease of use differences (or ease of purchase differences).

• Reply 49 of 75
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Wasn't there a study recently that showed iPhone users spent far more money shopping (per user) than Android users?  If this study is to be believed, they spend about the same amount of time surfing the web, so that implies the iPhone users are far more efficient at finding things to buy.  And at buying them.  This may reflect different demographics of the two classes of user, or it may reflect ease of use differences (or ease of purchase differences).

It was tablets, as far as smartphones go they spend almost the same.
  • Reply 50 of 75
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by StruckPaper View Post

That brings up an interesting question. How hard would it be to take assess the iOS v. Android user populations by counting the number of community sites and their membership?

You'd first have to count up all the trolls on the opposing platform forums? But that will tell you which platform is more popular anyway. I seriously doubt many Apple users seek out Android forums just to ridicule their users like the Android trolls do here. Apple users are generally content with their decision. Android users are on a mission to try to stop the happiness.

• Reply 51 of 75
    Not surprising when it takes less steps to accomplish the same task on android. It always frustrates me when i want to enable/disable the wifi or Bluetooth on my iPhone. Or when i want to look at Facebook. The widgets in android allow me to configure it to give me a more productive view of my data. I can get there with the iPhone, but i often have to navigate in and out of apps to get each piece of data i want. I hope apple takes a hint and makes the flow in IOS7 easier.
  • Reply 52 of 75
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by tbruinsma View Post

Not surprising when it takes less steps to accomplish the same task on android. It always frustrates me when i want to enable/disable the wifi or Bluetooth on my iPhone. 

I'm sure that's the reason iPhone users spend more time on their devices¡ image

• Reply 53 of 75
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Do they count the times when the Android phone's battery is dead? Any time after 8pm, judging by my Android-using friends image

My S4 battery lasts just as long as my IP5 did...about 24 hours of normal (for me) use....

• Reply 54 of 75
    techguy911techguy911 Posts: 269member

Quote:

Do they count the times when the Android phone's battery is dead? Any time after 8pm, judging by my Android-using friends image

Heh, that pretty much describes the month I had my Galaxy S3 before I returned it for the iPhone 5.  I turned everything off, installed a battery saver app, disabled multitasking, and barely used it and it was still nearly dead by the late afternoon.  I really wanted to try Android to get into developing for it, but I couldn't deal with it being my main phone.  My iPhone usually has at least 60% at the end of the day and I rarely worry about it, even on nights out.  Maybe the newer S4 and HTC One are better, but I'm under contract for another year.

• Reply 55 of 75
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    Odd if Android users spend more minutes per day surfing the web because unless they set their user-agents to "safari/iOS" it isn't registering anywhere that measures mobile browser stats.

There are several possibilities:
    1. Very few Android users surf the web, but the few who do spend many minutes.
    2. User-agent shenanigans
    3. Android users surf the web but visit a limited number of special interest sites not tracked by ad networks that report mobile browser stats
  • Reply 56 of 75
    geekdadgeekdad Posts: 1,131member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbruinsma View Post

Not surprising when it takes less steps to accomplish the same task on android. It always frustrates me when i want to enable/disable the wifi or Bluetooth on my iPhone. Or when i want to look at Facebook. The widgets in android allow me to configure it to give me a more productive view of my data. I can get there with the iPhone, but i often have to navigate in and out of apps to get each piece of data i want. I hope apple takes a hint and makes the flow in IOS7 easier.

yep...I can just touch my wake button and get to widgets to get all the data i want at a glance without having to open individual apps...

• Reply 57 of 75
    andrzejlsandrzejls Posts: 84member

Quote:

I guess your friends do not want to hear you after 8PM.

• Reply 58 of 75
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    mstone wrote: »
    You'd first have to count up all the trolls on the opposing platform forums? But that will tell you which platform is more popular anyway. I seriously doubt many Apple users seek out Android forums just to ridicule their users like the Android trolls do here. Apple users are generally content with their decision. Android users are on a mission to try to stop the happiness.

No need. They argue amongst themselves.
  • Reply 59 of 75
    jobsisgodjobsisgod Posts: 31member

iPhone users like their phones more and therefore use them more.  Makes sense to me.

• Reply 60 of 75
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Not surpised, I'm very comfortable on my iPhone 5, the LTE is blazing fast and the response time for everything is splendid.

And a great user experience means extra time "using" I'm confident....

ETA: A model breakdown would be informative: are people realy talking "more" holding a huge slab of a "phablet" up to the side of their head? I'd think as the screen grows so would the tilt toward internet usage. At which at some point it's dump the phablet and grab an LTE iPad mini.