More cases for Apple's fifth-gen iPad give closer look at mini-like smaller bezel

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member

If this rumor is true, which I pretty much have suspected it is, it will be a little disappointing to have the slimmer side bezels.  I don't see why that's necessary either.  We all want a lighter iPad but i'd rather they take the width evenly across all the bezels over just the sides.  Personally, I very rarely hold my ipad in Landscape mode.  And when I do, it's on the stand on a table.  So for people like me, I'd say a slimmer side bezel is a reduction of use-ability for people like me.  My household also has an iPad mini.  I like the mini but only for it's slightly higher res screen than my iPad 2 and i'm constantly shocked at how much lighter it is.  I have gotten used to the slimmer side bezels, but the dramatic weight reduction allows you to comfortably hold it at the slimmer edge.  Even if the iPad 5 is lighter, it won't be that light.  I'm definitely going to upgrade my iPad this year but if the bezels are slimmer, i might think twice.

• Reply 22 of 25
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    I hate it. It's going to make the proper iPad as unusable as the mini.

Bit over the top to hate on a rumor that could prove untrue
  • Reply 23 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Bit over the top to hate on a rumor that could prove untrue

Oh, it's legit. This is the sixth or seventh time I've bought into a rumor in the early stages; they're going to do this.

• Reply 24 of 25
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'd really like the option of a transparent and split keyboard though. Here's to hoping iOS 7 brings that to the table as well. I transparent split keyboard along with a retina display would make my day.

You do know we already have this split and transparent keyboard in iOS6, right? Press and hold the bottom right key.

I consider that to be translucent. I want true transparency to the level that I can see full detail of everything behind the keyboard.

• Reply 25 of 25
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    trumptman wrote: »
    I consider that to be translucent. I want true transparency to the level that I can see full detail of everything behind the keyboard.

Ah, ok, that's a valid difference.