Apple reportedly shifting iAd focus away from apps to rumored 'iRadio'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Who said anything about targeted? iAds shouldn't ever have to know anything about me to serve me an ad. No ad service should.

Enjoy your Tampax ads.
  • Reply 22 of 50
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    First try typing random letters: asdgog.com; Not even in existence.
    Second try: eiey.com; not owned, template page.

I was only slightly kidding. Even the nonsense letter combos are going for premium rates. Take a look at what is being asked for asgf.com. . . $4000! asgz.com for $2500??
    http://www.networksolutions.com/domain-name-registration/domain-name-search-results.jsp?isExplicitSearchAvailable=false
  • Reply 23 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Enjoy your Tampax ads.

I couldn't care less about any ads and would never buy anything or base any of my decisions off of them in the first place. They can literally serve me up anything they want.

• Reply 24 of 50
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    Is there any .com address left with 6 letters or less?:\

I was on nxdom.com which appears to show you the shorts possible sites available which has the shortest I noticed at 4 letters. Unfortunately the 5 test clicks I did (which open up to GoDaddy) stated they were all registered. I wonder what is the shortest .comdomain name still available?

edit: Found this site that looks like it's accurate. There appear about about 50 four-character .com addresses available. No idea if they've ever been registered in the past. Unsurprisingly there is nothing for 1 to 3 characters.

• Reply 25 of 50
    I couldn't care less about any ads and would never buy anything or base any of my decisions off of them in the first place. They can literally serve me up anything they want.

You're quite right about that, the only people I see affected by ads are kids, oooo Daddy I want that toy, oooo Daddy I want that cereal, etc....
  • Reply 26 of 50
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I was on nxdom.com which appears to show you the shorts possible sites available which has the shortest I noticed at 4 letters. Unfortunately the 5 test clicks I did (which open up to GoDaddy) stated they were all registered. I wonder what is the shortest .comdomain name still available?

imp.com doesn't bring anything up. I was just watching GoT.
  • Reply 27 of 50
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    imp.com doesn't bring anything up. I was just watching GoT.

Have to check the Who Is database. That is currently registered with a Swiss address and number, and has been registered since 1989.

PS: I am only on S02E01 of GoT.
  • Reply 28 of 50
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Have to check the Who Is database. That is currently registered with a Swiss address and number, and has been registered since 1989.

Too slow. 

On a Mac just open up your terminal and type:

whois icloud.com

...for example. No netsol ads or useless html

• Reply 29 of 50
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member

That eiey.com is owned.
  • Reply 30 of 50

Damn you missed some shocking events in last night's episode.
  • Reply 31 of 50
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That eiey.com is owned.

• Reply 32 of 50

Should've tried eieyeieyo.com or did Ol' McDonald register it?
  • Reply 33 of 50
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Which is my most valuable domain and how much is it worth?

fiveminutevideo.com
    passwordnotes.com
    windowstomac.com
    quicklittleapps.com
    thefrontcover.com
    thebackcover.com
    viddyvid.com
    apple-tv.com
    toodil.com
    skate.me
    lzr.me
  • Reply 34 of 50
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Which is my most valuable domain and how much is it worth?

fiveminutevideo.com

passwordnotes.com

windowstomac.com

quicklittleapps.com

thefrontcover.com

thebackcover.com

viddyvid.com

apple-tv.com

toodil.com

skate.me

lzr.me

skate.me is the only one of any value, not to you, but to a spammer because there is a parse-able email on the landing page. That should be worth a solid 25 cents.

The rest are not parked so completely worthless. At the most any of those could be worth $500 if by some miracle an noob wanted that exact domain name although highly unlikely. Your are losing money on all of them. Sorry. That's the facts Jack. I'm not an expert on valuing domains although my record so far is $95,000 and $100,000 each for two different three letter ones that I got for free and sold a couple years ago. If you want to at least break even on holding them check out Sedo.com.

I don't meant to be be overly critical because i'm holding a substantial number of unparked domains as well.

• Reply 35 of 50
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    ireland wrote: »
    I'm thinking $499 for the TV + $29 per month. Or FREE TV + $45 per month. Or simply purchase only the TV outright for $1,499.

This would be best case scenario, though, clearly. And they could continue selling the Apple TV hockey puck also with the $29 contract option, but differentiate it from the iTV product by not bundling an App Store with it.
    That seems interesting Ireland. I like the idea, but what channels would you get?

This still doesn't address the crown jewel of TV- sports. Baseball, basketball, hockey, and football are all tied up in exclusive deals. You couldn't ever watch local teams.

I'd be happy with the Apple TV being a cable box much like Roku (except for ATT because that's what I use :)), working as a PVR (even if remotely through iMac), having an App Store (giving me spottily and amazon instant), and most importantly- a fantastic search option. Absolutely needs unified search across all apps/programs/cable box, and I think Siri integration for watching/recording a show while holding a button on the remote would be absolutely amazing.
    Basically- everything that Roku has, plus remote PVR, iTunes, mirroring, and Siri. That'd justify a much higher price and make me very very happy. The crazy thing is that could all happen tomorrow and doesn't even need exclusive deals to be inked (with the exception of Internet TV/cable providers).
  • Reply 36 of 50
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    You need t catch up immediately. Sunday night will be so talked about you'll get hit with a spoiler quick.
    PS: S03E09 is freaking awesome!
  • Reply 37 of 50
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    andysol wrote: »
    You need t catch up immediately. Sunday night will be so talked about you'll get hit with a spoiler quick.
    PS: S03E09 is freaking awesome!

No spoilers or I will crawl out of your computer and personally slap you. >:(
  • Reply 38 of 50
    No spoilers or I will crawl out of your computer and personally slap you. >:(

And I'll hold him for you. :D
  • Reply 39 of 50
    And I'll hold him for you. :D

You guys are slipping. You're missing some of the best TV ever made.
  • Reply 40 of 50
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    You guys are slipping. You're missing some of the best TV ever made.

It's on the DVR, waiting to be watched!