Plex media server comes to non-jailbroken Apple TVs with new hack

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

Quote:

Originally Posted by focher View Post

Unless Apple can demonstrate that the jailbreaking actually caused the problem which the warranty coverage is being requested, it cannot deny coverage.

If Apple is presented with a problematic, jailbroken device, I believe the burden of proof will reside on the consumer, not Apple, to show that the jailbreak isn't responsible.

• Reply 22 of 25
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

I hope apple puts a plex player app on the apple tv themselves, that would be awesome!!!.

• Reply 23 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Why in the world would Plex be allowed on the Apple TV? It's an iTunes replacement. Apple isn't about to let people manage their files with anything but iTunes.

And who the heck wants to navigate freaking folder trees in the first place? I've never understood Plex and all those others; it's such a horrible solution.

The content viewable THROUGH Plex could certainly receive their own Channels on the Apple TV, but Plex itself I don't see.

• Reply 24 of 25
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why in the world would Plex be allowed on the Apple TV? It's an iTunes replacement. Apple isn't about to let people manage their files with anything but iTunes.

It's available on other iOS devices.

• Reply 25 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by JLL View Post

It's available on other iOS devices.

Other iOS devices ? Apple TV.