Apple releases iTunes 11.0.4, fixing sync bugs and iTunes Store login issue

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    v5vv5v Posts: 1,357member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'd also like them to make updates on the Mac and iOS invisible to the user by default. When there is an app update it does it automatically when you are on WiFi, with options to disable this in Settings.

The operative phrase being, as you mentioned, "with options to disable this" or perhaps even better, an option to "back out of last update." I'd appreciate what you've described on my machine at home, but it's too risky for the ones at work. On one occasion an update to iTunes made it incompatible with the music licensing service we were using to put songs to air. A "back out" option would have made it much faster and easier to go back to the previous version while we waited for the licensing service to deal with the change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

[...] I can go months without ever accessing the App Store on my iPhone and iPad so when I do there usually dozens of updates waiting.

I call it "housekeeping." Once a week or so I go through my machines and "tidy up." I run updates and backups, organize files and delete anything I don't need anymore. It's a little tedious, but like any chore, it's easier if you do it often rather than let it pile up.

• Reply 22 of 23
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,731member
    Plus an update to Aperture. (I'm sure AI will add this to the page soon).

The Aperture update seems fine but I'm still having the same weird issue as before and I am sure it is my set up not Aperture itself. My 'Last Import' selection fails to show the images. If I rebuild the library it works again until I quit and restart then I'm back to square one.

Notice here it says 'two images' but displays none. Anyone got any idea? I am running the library from a second internal drive not the boot partition but that works perfectly for every other feature.

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/26206/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
  • Reply 23 of 23
    ebp1ebp1 Posts: 1member
    Thank goodness! Nope - don't care, you can't zap'em all. Better late than never - this was very irritating.