Ad firm TBWA\Chiat\Day reportedly at odds with style of Apple's Phil Schiller

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    richsrichs Posts: 13member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

...The idea about generating a reputation or brand identity is worthless unless the products become known and wanted...

Apple products are already very well known and very much wanted. You've proven my point.

• Reply 82 of 92

If the brand is already known then puffing up the brand is a waste of time. Getting more products known and sold is the goal. The designed in California ad is just stupid.

• Reply 83 of 92
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    If the brand is already known then puffing up the brand is a waste of time.

Do you honestly think that's what the ad is about? :no:
  • Reply 84 of 92
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    If the brand is already known then puffing up the brand is a waste of time. Getting more products known and sold is the goal. The designed in California ad is just stupid.

So they should stop advertising? What a genius you are.
  • Reply 85 of 92
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    You people disgust me.

I remember you referring to Nazis as if it's a funny joke.
  • Reply 86 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

So they should stop advertising? What a genius you are.

Are you just dense? I said "If Apple wants to sell things then those items must be featured directly with people getting results from using the devices."

Showing people sitting around looking at computer products without explaining benefits of having them is very vague. It doesn't give a compelling reason to buy the item.

The old Get A Mac ads with PC and Mac always had the Mac explaining exactly why Macs worked better than PCs and always showed why PCs didn't work as well as the Mac. They explained something to the viewers. The message was clear. At the end of each ad an Apple product popped up. That was very clear and successful.

• Reply 87 of 92
    dacloo wrote: »
    I remember you referring to Nazis as if it's a funny joke.

No, you don't. You remember inventing lies.
  • Reply 88 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do you honestly think that's what the ad is about? image

What else is it about then? No products were talked about or promoted. Slow motion images of people using computer products were shown as a calm soothing voice talked about life and how Apple makes things to give a good experience. Then the line "Designed by Apple in California" appears. This ad is promoting Apple not a product. Ultimately Apple sells products. Maybe they hope people will see this and buy some Apple stock. If they're selling Apple then that's the way to buy it.

• Reply 89 of 92
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do you honestly think that's what the ad is about? image

Companies will do brand related ads sometimes instead of specific product based ads.  GE does this all of the time because they have a lot of different consumer based products.

Apple has a lot of different products ranging from low to high end desktops, various types of laptops, smartphones, tablets, media players, software (Office type apps, video & audio production, App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Stores, Applecare, etc. etc.

Sometimes they just like having a generic brand related Ad campaign versus product specific.  These ads only run for a few months before they spit out new ones.

Yeah, I thought the PC vs Mac campaign was very clever.   I could easily see a PC vs Mac with the PC guy having Monkey grip from using a touchscreen laptop/desktop.  Or maybe some iPhone guy vs Android guys where the Windows guy tries to get a word in edge wise, but is constantly cut off because no one uses Windows phones and Android guy keeps on getting malware attacks and confused with using 4 different versions of the OS and not finding really good applications...

• Reply 90 of 92
    This ad is promoting Apple not a product. Ultimately Apple sells products. Maybe they hope people will see this and buy some Apple stock. If they're selling Apple then that's the way to buy it.

I'm sorry, you cannot possibly think this is the only conclusion.
  • Reply 91 of 92
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member

Are you just dense? I said "If Apple wants to sell things then those items must be featured directly with people getting results from using the devices."

Showing people sitting around looking at computer products without explaining benefits of having them is very vague. It doesn't give a compelling reason to buy the item.

The old Get A Mac ads with PC and Mac always had the Mac explaining exactly why Macs worked better than PCs and always showed why PCs didn't work as well as the Mac. They explained something to the viewers. The message was clear. At the end of each ad an Apple product popped up. That was very clear and successful.

Then you really hated the "heres to the Crazy Ones" ad and the think different campaign.

The fact the people are using the devices tells you something.
  • Reply 92 of 92

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

Smallwheels, you are totally wrong!  The product does not have to be shoved in the buyers face and it shouldn't be!

Take a look at these Nike commercials!  None of Nike's products are specifically mentioned!  

If you don't get it then I guess you just don't get it!