DOJ e-books trial: Steve Jobs didn't initally want iBooks, Eddy Cue 'didn't care' about publishers'

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    hill60 wrote: »
    Can you get an iBook from Amazon? No.

Developers and publishers are free to choose which markets to participate in.

Your "comparison" makes no sense.

Why should an interactive iBook containing colour pictures and a lot more content be restricted to the same price as a glorified, locked down, black and white PDF?

Apple offers a different product to Amazon, as different as the iOS Apps you use in your rather senseless example.

If a iBook is so much better than why is Apple concerned with prices? Why not say our iBooks are worth $3 more than Amazon's ebooks? Apple customers have demonstrated a willingness to pay more, so what's different now? Why is Apple all of a sudden concerned about what prices the competition has?
  • Reply 42 of 52
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    If a iBook is so much better than why is Apple concerned with prices? Why not say our iBooks are worth $3 more than Amazon's ebooks? Apple customers have demonstrated a willingness to pay more, so what's different now? Why is Apple all of a sudden concerned about what prices the competition has?

They aren't you can give away your work for free or a thousand dollars if you want, it's up to the seller to decide.

APPLE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRICE.

Meanwhile iBooks and eBooks are at the lowest average price ever, which is the exact opposite of what the DoJ is trying to "prove" and is a good example of how a free market is supposed to operate.
  • Reply 43 of 52
    lolsonalolsona Posts: 2member

Leauge of Legends has been a hot topic in our daily life since the massive multiple online role play games appeared. The more attention people pay to the matter the more popular the matter will be. Something decorated with LoL logo products soon be in huge demand. I am willing to introduce you a wonderful website for seeking for LoL commodities. You can find Leauge of Legends mouse pad and other items.

• Reply 44 of 52
    They aren't you can give away your work for free or a thousand dollars if you want, it's up to the seller to decide.

APPLE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRICE.

Meanwhile iBooks and eBooks are at the lowest average price ever, which is the exact opposite of what the DoJ is trying to "prove" and is a good example of how a free market is supposed to operate.

So wait the average price is lower? How can that be if Amazon was taking a loss on ebooks, and dumping ebooks into the market to prevent competition? You guys flip flop on your arguments so much. First I've heard ebooks are the same product now you say it isn't, then I hear Amazon was selling at a loss but now the average price went down even more so how is that mathematically possible? You've done a good job not answering questions posed to you so I'm not expecting an answer because you don't have one.
  • Reply 45 of 52

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

So wait the average price is lower? 

Well apparently there was a bit of a market spike this week and the average is now $8.92.

$8.92 < $9.99!

I suggest you read 1984, then you may just get the DoJ "doublespeak" reference, although Orwell's books were pulled from Kindles after Amazon was found to be selling pirated copies.

Selling stolen stuff is one way to cut costs, I suppose.

• Reply 46 of 52
    Well apparently there was a bit of a market spike this week and the average is now $8.92.

$8.92 < $9.99!

I suggest you read 1984, then you may just get the DoJ "doublespeak" reference, although Orwell's books were pulled from Kindles after Amazon was found to be selling pirated copies.

Again you avoided my questions, but since you like picture books I guess you don't have the mental capacity to answer them.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

$8.92 < $9.99!

I you're going to allude to a story it never hurts to tell readers where to find more about it.. Links are generally helpful.
    http://betanews.com/2009/07/17/media-goes-crazy-over-amazon-deleting-1984-from-kindle-but-99-cent-ebook-was-illegal-copy/
  • Reply 48 of 52
    gatorguy wrote: »
    I you're going to allude to a story it never hurts to tell readers where to find more about it.. Links are generally helpful.
    http://betanews.com/2009/07/17/media-goes-crazy-over-amazon-deleting-1984-from-kindle-but-99-cent-ebook-was-illegal-copy/

http://www.bing.com
  • Reply 49 of 52
    Again you avoided my questions, but since you like picture books I guess you don't have the mental capacity to answer them.

Oh, yeah you're in the DoJ "prices went up, hurting consumers" camp.

Prices went down, consumers weren't "hurt", they have more choice than ever, smaller and self publishers are thriving.

It's all thanks to Apple entering the market.

They should be lauded not pilloried.

If and when the judge finds Apple guilty, as she said she was going to do, this farce will be sorted out in the Supreme Court when Apple appeals this gross miscarriage of justice.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Tracked by MS and served targeted ads or by Google. . . Not a whole lot'a difference except in how willing they are to be misleading. Seen the latest MS ads dissing the iPad?
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Oh, yeah you're in the DoJ "prices went up, hurting consumers" camp.

Prices went down, consumers weren't "hurt", they have more choice than ever, smaller and self publishers are thriving.

It's all thanks to Apple entering the market.

They should be lauded not pilloried.

If and when the judge finds Apple guilty, as she said she was going to do, this farce will be sorted out in the Supreme Court when Apple appeals this gross miscarriage of justice.

I'm in my our (as consumers) camp. I'm interested in what's best for you and I, and that's more choices.
  • Reply 52 of 52
    I'm in my our (as consumers) camp. I'm interested in what's best for you and I, and that's more choices.

Which is what Apple's entry delivered, once the market began to settle.

Basic economics, how a free market works.