Walmart drops iPhone 5 price to $129, 4S for $39

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do you actually expect to get any sympathy when you present your position like this?

If anything, as a non-native speaker, your responsibility to get it right is greater.

Do international business in something other than English. Let us know how that works.

I would like yo see you conversing on some forum in proper, let say, Russian? See how you will get it right. Yes, do some international business in other language than English, see how that works for you. Oops, you do not know other languages.

• Reply 42 of 57
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Let's see:
    1. tasteless incremental upgrades
    2. total lack of innovation
    3. and (lack of) leadership
    4. delays in entering new markets
    5. refusal to offer multiple models on its core business

Refutation:
    1. Subjective opinions aren't proof of anything
    2. Retina laptops? Bigger iPhone screen? SSD? Doubling-down on Thunderbolt? Leading ultrabook design? Mac Pro?
    3. Where would Samsung and Google and Microsoft be without Apple to follow?
    4. What schedule are they supposed to keep--yours?
    5. Let's see: 3 iPhone models, 2 iPad models, 3 types of Mac desktop, 2 types of MacBooks. Oh, just 1 Apple TV. Yeah, you're right: what a crying shame about Apple's refusal to sell more than 1 model of Apple TV. 

The mac pro is nice innovation. But its high end video/cad, and it took them so long to update that line that pros were starting to leave the platform. Its nice they did it, but its not gonna move a needle EPS wise.

I am not saying Apple does like Samsung and release dozens of phones per year, but I dont think wanting 3 NEW models per year means they spread all over the place. On the tv/game console side, they sure are taking there time.

Like 6 months ago, Tim said dont bet against Apple. Well I sure wish I would not have listen to him, because nothing interesting came out since. Where are those products in the pipeline? All i am seeing is a company that is slowing down with both feets on the breaks.
  • Reply 43 of 57
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    andrzejls wrote: »
    Oops, you do not know other languages.

Ich habe Deutsch sprechen, aber für du nicht.

Seems stupid to say something about someone when you don't know diddly, huh? I also speak a tiny bit of Irish and can parse a few Japanese words, but I'm really looking toward Hindi next.
  • Reply 44 of 57
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member

Quote:

Seems stupid to say something about someone when you don't know diddly, huh? I also speak a tiny bit of Irish and can parse a few Japanese words, but I'm really looking toward Hindi next.

It appears you meant to type Ich haben Deutsch sprechen  which means "I have to speak German". No reason to use the verb "to have" in any other context but I think you were trying to say "I speak German" and that would be Ich spreche Deutsch and I know this because I actually speak German. Not sure what you mean by you can parse a few words in Japanese, but I would guess you have tried to memorize some terms from an anime song. Either you speak a language or you don't otherwise anyone able to order food at an Italian restaurant could also claim they can "parse" a few words in Italian. Kannst du das verstehen diesen Satz? Bitte geben Sie einen ganzen Absatz in Deutsch. Ich werde beurteilen Ihre Grammatik. Verwenden Sie keine Übersetzungs-Software. Das ist sehr leicht zu entdecken.

• Reply 45 of 57
    gwmac wrote: »
    It appears you meant to type Ich haben Deutsch sprechen  which means "I have to speak German".

No, I typed what I meant, thanks. It's probable I meant gesprochen, but tense is hardly the primary concern here. You can excuse the perfectly valid lack of a past participle. I neither have to speak it nor do I speak it regularly as of late.

Du hast doch niche mehr alle Tassen im Schrank. But then again, you're backed into a corner; whatchagonnado. 8-)
  • Reply 46 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I don't believe that you pay $199 yet taxed on the full retail price.

I am a tax attorney, and I can verify that some states charge sales tax on the full contract price. It only makes sense. Otherwise, the rest of the price goes untaxed and it creates a strong incentive to sell things under financing contract.

For example, California and Nevada operate in this manner. So even though your iPhone 5 costs you $199, you pay sales tax on the entire $550 price of the phone, the same way you would if you had just purchased the handset without a contract.

So in Nevada, for example, you would pay $199 + (0.0825*550) = 244.38, with $45.38 representing 8.25% sales tax on the entire contract price of $550.
  • Reply 47 of 57

Quote:

No, I typed what I meant, thanks. It's probable I meant gesprochen, but tense is hardly the primary concern here. You can excuse the perfectly valid lack of a past participle. I neither have to speak it nor do I speak it regularly as of late.

Du hast doch niche mehr alle Tassen im Schrank. But then again, you're backed into a corner; whatchagonnado. image

it is nicht not niche and using a colloquial expression in German to call me crazy or not all there is a personal attack.  I am pretty sure personal attacks are not allowed in any language. I proved my point your German sucks, you couldn't even write "I speak german" correctly and try and make excuses.Sie haben noch nie gesprochen gut Deutsch.

• Reply 48 of 57
    I proved my point...

Keep living the dream, man.
  • Reply 49 of 57
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member
    it is nicht not niche and using a colloquial expression in German to call me crazy or not all there is a personal attack.  I am pretty sure personal attacks are not allowed in any language. I proved my point your German sucks, you couldn't even write "I speak german" correctly and try and make excuses.Sie haben noch nie gesprochen gut Deutsch.

Technically, you asked him if he "knows another language", which is correct. You didn't ask if he was fluent.

The other poster called a bunch of people idiots and used incorrect grammar, which is ironic. He then used a cop out that English isn't his primary language, which seems to be convenient, given the rest of his post was grammatically correct.
  • Reply 50 of 57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Technically, you asked him if he "knows another language", which is correct. You didn't ask if he was fluent.

The other poster called a bunch of people idiots and used incorrect grammar, which is ironic. He then used a cop out that English isn't his primary language, which seems to be convenient, given the rest of his post was grammatically correct.

Nope, that was another poster not me. I simply pointed out his spelling and grammar mistakes in the German he typed. As to his "parsing" Japanese words and speaking Irish, God only knows what he means by that. Perhaps he learned to say Erin go bragh and now claims fluency. 

• Reply 51 of 57

Quote:

Up to your old tricks, derailing the forum from story to something not related to the story. I look forward to you speaking/writing  Hindi.

• Reply 52 of 57
    souliisoul wrote: »
    Up to your old tricks, derailing the forum from story to something not related to the story.

Read the thread. Then apologize. Or continue to believe your drivel.
    I look forward to you speaking/writing Hindi.

??? ??? ?? ???? ??????? ??? ????? ???? ?? ??? ??. ;)
  • Reply 53 of 57
    souliisoulsouliisoul Posts: 827member

Quote:

Read the thread. Then apologize. Or continue to believe your drivel.

??? ??? ?? ???? ??????? ??? ????? ???? ?? ??? ??. image

Btw do not use a translator, it always does it wrong..image (I think you were trying to say 'I still have to improve my grammar')

As for my comment it was more tongue and cheek, then personal to you.

As for the apology, If you thought I was attacking you personal, then I apologise image

Btw: Still waiting on my apology from you concerning the comments about iPhone 4, which I apparently made and you could not found them image

P.S. If I tried to translate 'The tallest skil does not understand Hindi', google translator gives this ???? ???? ???? ?????? ???? ?????, but translate it back, it actually says 'The greatest skill does not understand Hindi'

• Reply 54 of 57

Walmart pricing for a Walmart forum. According to this site http://worthvalue.net/?url=macrumors.com Macrumors is valued at almost $3,000,000 and this site is $337,000? Not even my mortgage????

I can tell you why, TS has to pluck the worm of the the rancid fruit to get his 13 year old pecker inside. Screw APPL stock. That SOB will run this place into a price less than a used Kia within a year.

Hell, he can not stop simple proxies.You obtuse piece of flotsam.

• Reply 56 of 57
    I often bought the iphone 4s,5,5s,5c to sell my customers.
    I Bought from http://blueshoptrading.com
    Their price is very good.My customers all no complaint.
    I'll buy more to sale.
  • Reply 57 of 57
    Hi,
    Are you looking for cheap iPhone?
    I thought I would pass this website on to you.
    It has great deals on a used iphones.

They ship right to your door with a guarantee.

http://goodinformationsandtips.com/iPhone

Hope it helps