Apple seeds OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 3 with minor changes

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    bigmc6000bigmc6000 Posts: 767member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I don't think it's a good name, nor do I think it's a bad name. I'll just refer to the new version of OSX as I've always done: 10.9 in this case.

I'm not American, and not interested in discussing politics here, or anywhere on the internet for that matter, just think that people are obviously 'allowed' to speak their mind, just don't see any reason to cling on this name and make a discussion out of it.

You could do as I do, just call it 10.9 and enjoy its snappiness. And Maps, really great app. In my opinion.

Posted from a rock.

Forgot about the interenational presence - yeah, I have no idea what you hear when you hear "Mavericks". 

I do call it 10.9 and intend to for as long as it's around.  I'm guessing 10.10 will be after that since Apple decided to alienate the rest of the world by using names from remote places in CA.

• Reply 22 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    bigmc6000 wrote: »
    ...most of what I've read...

Wouldn't happen to have a source or anything, huh. Your anecdotes are as admissible as mine.
    bigmc6000 wrote: »
    I do call it 10.9 and intend to for as long as it's around.

Mavericks.
    I'm guessing 10.10 will be after that since Apple decided to alienate the rest of the world by using names from remote places in CA.

Ludicrous. Nonsense. I suppose Australia was alienated by the last nine names, huh. And Europe. :no:
  • Reply 23 of 25
    jwsmithsjwsmiths Posts: 144member
    Dictation is broken I think. It was working in DP1, I never used it in DP2 but tried to show off the enhanced dictation last night and that wasn't working - so I switched to the traditional version and that didn't work either. Tried rebooting w/o any effect.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

10.9 is my favorite OS X in a while: better than 10.7 and 10.8. The predictive scrolling gives an impression of speed and there really are performance improvements too, possibly due to using newer compilers. The only thing I don't like is what they've done to the Notes and Contacts apps. The new Activity Monitor is harder to use too: I can see what they were going for, and it was a good idea, but in daily practice the old one works better.

• Reply 25 of 25
    curtis hannahcurtis hannah Posts: 1,833member
    Yep