T-Mobile USA's 'Jump' program allows 2 smartphone upgrades a year for $10/month

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    soloman wrote: »
    If you're already paying insurance on the phone there's little or no increase, in fact some will see a decrease.
    Only if you drop the insurance and take up this deal.
    But this deal is not insurance.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    solomansoloman Posts: 228member
    chris_ca wrote: »
    Only if you drop the insurance and take up this deal.
    But this deal is not insurance.

The program also works as device insurance and includes protection against malfunction, damage, or theft. Legere said device insurance already costs between $8 and $12 a month, so the upgrade program is virtually free if you think of it that way.
  • Reply 43 of 50
    sacto joe wrote: »
    You missed the point. You can stay with your two year Verizon plan and put the $240 in your own pocket by selling your Verizon phone every 6 months and buying a new on
    Don't forget that you will pay full price (unsubsidized) for each phone.
    The T-MO deal is paying the subsidized price ($99-$199)
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Don't forget that you will pay full price (unsubsidized) for each phone.
    The T-MO deal is paying the subsidized price ($99-$199)

And you perpetually pay the monthly installment.
  • Reply 45 of 50
    The program also works as device insurance and includes protection against malfunction, damage, or theft. Legere said device insurance already costs between $8 and $12 a month, so the upgrade program is virtually free if you think of it that way.
    Okay, I see that now.
    -> T-Mobile Announces Boldest Moves Yet as America's Un-carrier
    "An Easy "JUMP" to Phone Upgrades
    JUMP! from T-Mobile is designed to provide customers with total protection for one of their prized possessions: their smartphones. It offers the freedom to upgrade to a new device more affordably and protects against malfunction, damage, loss or theft - all for just $10 per month, per phone (plus taxes and fees). That's just $2 more than most customers have been paying for handset protection alone."
  • Reply 46 of 50
    Okay, I see that now.
    -> T-Mobile Announces Boldest Moves Yet as America's Un-carrier
    "An Easy "JUMP" to Phone Upgrades
    JUMP! from T-Mobile is designed to provide customers with total protection for one of their prized possessions: their smartphones. It offers the freedom to upgrade to a new device more affordably and protects against malfunction, damage, loss or theft - all for just $10 per month, per phone (plus taxes and fees). That's just $2 more than most customers have been paying for handset protection alone."

That's pretty darn good, huh?
  • Reply 47 of 50
    os2babaos2baba Posts: 262member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell View Post

The fact that you have to trade in your current phone makes this a crappy "deal." A 6-12 month old iPhone would go for quite a bit of money if you sold it used on eBay or Craigslist.

This is a superb deal for Android users.  Not so much for iPhones.  Buy an HTC One now.  For $60 in Fall, switch to the Note 3.  In Spring, for another $60 switch to Moto X or whatever.  Plus you get insurance coverage if you damage your phone.  Brilliant really.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure about one thing. It's not clear yet.  When you switch the phone, do you have to pay the $100 down for the new phone again?  If so, not that great a deal.  But if you are already paying the insurance of $8, then paying the extra $2 per month for the option of trading it in is not a bad deal.

• Reply 48 of 50
    That's pretty darn good, huh?
    Compared to the insurance, yes.
    Dunno about the rest. I haven't done the math.
  • Reply 49 of 50
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member
    The unlimited data and frequent upgrade flexibility is appealing. I think I might open a T-Mobile line in August, take it for a spin and see how it fits in my environment. If it looks good, I might just change over in time for iPhone 5S.

I have no loyalty to AT&T. The high prices and 24 months upgrade cycle is getting old.
  • Reply 50 of 50
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    Apple only updates once a year, so kinda pointless for Apple customers....