13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member

Dev center was hacked.

• Reply 42 of 45
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    But it's true, isn't it?

You have to look at the rest of this dear chap's posts and put them all together to see the pattern. Continuous, subtle anti-Apple comments and sorry, it brings the defensiveness out in me. :)
  • Reply 43 of 45
    ankleskaterankleskater Posts: 1,287member

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

You have to look at the rest of this dear chap's posts and put them all together to see the pattern. Continuous, subtle anti-Apple comments and sorry, it brings the defensiveness out in me. image

He (she) also posts pro-Apple material. Typically, he can back up what he posts. Maybe I'm misguided, but I like KD's balanced approach. There are some folks here who just make up stuff, whether they are for or against Apple. He's not one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

God forbid anybody come here with expertise and pick on Apple. Heretic.

I don't think KD "picks" on Apple. But I agree, as mentioned above, he posts facts or at least informed opinions, as opposed to establishing a position and then cherry-picking headlines to support himself.

• Reply 44 of 45
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Dev center was hacked.

Apparently so, "an intruder" successfully breached their dev servers:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/21/4543878/apple-completely-overhauling-developer-site-after-intrusion

• Reply 45 of 45
    brianpxbrianpx Posts: 2member
    This from developer.apple.com

Apple Developer Website Update

Last Thursday, an intruder attempted to secure personal information of our registered developers from our developer website. Sensitive personal information was encrypted and cannot be accessed, however, we have not been able to rule out the possibility that some developers%u2019 names, mailing addresses, and/or email addresses may have been accessed. In the spirit of transparency, we want to inform you of the issue. We took the site down immediately on Thursday and have been working around the clock since then.

In order to prevent a security threat like this from happening again, we%u2019re completely overhauling our developer systems, updating our server software, and rebuilding our entire database. We apologize for the significant inconvenience that our downtime has caused you and we expect to have the developer website up again soon.