Apple seeds fourth OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Apple on Monday rolled out OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 4 with no major changes, continuing its two-week beta seed cycle.

Mavericks

The latest build appears to contain only minor backend changes, with Apple asking developers to focus on the same areas.

In the previous Developer Preview, accompanying release notes suggested changes were made to bring support for iCloud Keychain. That release contained known issues with graphics, including switching views in the Maps app, as well as file handling in Aperture and Photoshop.

Mavericks launches this fall with a host of improvements and new features, including Finder tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among others.

Developers can download the the fourth beta version of Mavericks through the Mac App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Safari's edit/pin hover state, which they decided should no longer need a button push, is now white.
    [IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/28716/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
    I guess that helps with visibility…
  • Reply 2 of 2
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Running this version of Mavericks as I type. Been using Logic Pro X all morning with it ... everything running sweetly and stable as a rock for me. Having a second screen I can use when running Logic in full screen mode is awesome.

However, iOS 7's Control Center, that is invoked with a swipe up from the bottom on an iPad directly conflicts with Logic Pro X Remote on the iPad since that is how you do a few things in it. Apple need to allow on/off for the Control Center to be included in the screen lock function as an option or some other way. It is very frustrating as the iPad app is unbelievably useful. I did file a report. If anyone has found a solution I'm still looking for one so let me know.