Cook cool on China troubles: still 'a huge opportunity for Apple'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    herbapou wrote: »
    They need a NEW lower cost iphone, its that simple. And not just for China. Getting China mobile will help, but the high end phone will quickly saturated. I like the rumor about Apple doing the same thing with the ipad mini.

IF  they can come up with good margins on a $350 phone and $200 tablet they have what it takes for emerging markets. For them, those products will be high end. For rich countries, those would be perfect unlock choices.

Competing on price alone is death. Should Apple ever go down that road, sell and never look back.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    plagenplagen Posts: 151member

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

They need a NEW lower cost iphone, its that simple. And not just for China. Getting China mobile will help, but the high end phone will quickly saturated. I like the rumor about Apple doing the same thing with the ipad mini.

IF  they can come up with good margins on a $350 phone and $200 tablet they have what it takes for emerging markets. For them, those products will be high end. For rich countries, those would be perfect unlock choices.

This is an extremely myopic view. You  have no vision, no imagination.

• Reply 23 of 23
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

Not clear to me how iOS7, a new iPhone will necessarily win over more Chinese customers. Not saying they won't, but just don't see how/why/what.

The next (new) iPhone chipset (from Qualcomm IIRC) will be compatible with the Chinese TD-SCDMA standard and, perhaps TD-LTE as well. Though TD-LTE is in such limited rollout Apple might not bother until it's in wider availability like they did with LTE.

Even in mobile speed is good.