Flex cable claimed to be from Apple's 6th-gen iPod touch hints at 2013 update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

What year does the iPhone replace the iPod touch? That's the question.

I think you have that backwards.  With the way LTE and wireless data is going, i'd expect all telephony-based chips to be gone in the next several years and everything is via data connection.

I've been waiting for a 3G or LTE iPod touch for years now.  besides price/value there's really nothing stopping apple from creating apps that dial/text phone numbers.  Exactly the way that Google Voice does.

• Reply 22 of 31
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    It needs to be said by someone, wrongly or not:

Any IGZO at all means all must go IGZO.

Tim said they were going to have a busy Fall..
  • Reply 23 of 31
    maaenmaaen Posts: 6member
    Please consider this very seriously...I want an ipod touch with a six inch screen or perhaps a 6.5 inch screen ...with a 128gb memory and a very huge long life battery and a fantastic camera with low light snap capability.It would possibly be called: BABY IPAD....and I would be a very proud owner of such a device.
    It was thanks to the ipod touch that the ipad was born and so a beautiful full circle as a thank you to the ipod touch has to be a six inch or a six inch device .
    So please, Apple....do your best to think this through and please bring out this big Pod touch or baby ipad....Please make me happy.I want a device like this to carry with me all the time.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    maaen wrote: »
    Please consider this very seriously...I want an ipod touch with a six inch screen or perhaps a 6.5 inch screen ...with a 128gb memory and a very huge long life battery and a fantastic camera with low light snap capability.It would possibly be called: BABY IPAD....and I would be a very proud owner of such a device.
    It was thanks to the ipod touch that the ipad was born and so a beautiful full circle as a thank you to the ipod touch has to be a six inch or a six inch device .
    So please, Apple....do your best to think this through and please bring out this big Pod touch or baby ipad....Please make me happy.I want a device like this to carry with me all the time.

This will never happen. Ever. They make a 7.9" screen already.

If you need your screens in .1" increments, buy someone else.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Not quite 1 inch ..more like 2 inches or near enough.....but it is not about increments or reduction in size...but more like a 6 inch on a diagonal...If Apple cared enough about a baby ipad....they would think this out thoroughly. What I am saying is very much possible and there would be a rejuvenation of the media player market around the idea of ipod touch.I know I could go to get myself a sony ultra z or the Samsung Note 3 and those devices will also allow for micro sd cards for memory expansion purposes ....but this suggestion from an ordinary consumer like myself is to try to get Apple to see sense in anin between product which will sell in millions if only Apple got round to making it.Even the Apple man in Elisium will see sense now that he is in a happy place and from there he would give his blessings
  • Reply 26 of 31
    If Apple cared enough about a baby iPad….they would think this out thoroughly.

Well, sure. They don't, though.
    What I am saying is very much possible and there would be a rejuvenation of the media player market around the idea of iPod touch.

Not really, no. Neither of those things.
    …this suggestion from an ordinary consumer like myself is to try to get Apple to see sense in anon between product which will sell in millions if only Apple got round to making it.

A single suggestion for a product for which no one else is clamoring and which the industry is abandoning ? millions.
    Even the Apple man in Elisium will see sense now that he is in a happy place and from there he would give his blessings

That's just tasteless.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Sorry if that sounds disrespectful it was not meant to ...but the idea is that the environment has changed a lot since the passing of the great man and Apple really does need to think about the competition...sure it may be working on some as yet unknown and secret research projects but in the realm of media players the ipod can still live a long and useful life if the screen size increased somewhat....somewhere in the region of 6 inches...the device would have a successful future free of contractual obligations with a decent camera and a decent battery and a 128gb of memory and wifi plus gps....and nfc.I love the ipod touch but I do not want to be blind to its limitations and I have always felt the screen size to be too small.I do not like to look at details of parts of maps.and files...it would be so good to view a larger file section and map...quite apart from watching a movie or video or using a.relatively large keyboard.....I just hope that Apple has an insider who checks out these thoughts.and gets the messages across to the right place so they can at.least think it through.Please accept my apology if some of my words sounded not so nice.. I have a great respect for the man in heaven..and may he rest in peace.
  • Reply 28 of 31
    [quote name="maaen" url="/t/158828/flex-cable-claimed-to-be-from-apples-6th-gen-ipod-touch-hints-at-2013-update#post_2375187"]…the idea is that the environment has changed a lot since the passing of the great man…[/QUOTE]

And it's fine to have that idea, but you'll need proof. It has only been two years.

[QUOTE]…in the realm of media players the iPod can still live a long and useful life if the screen size increased somewhat…[/QUOTE]

What makes you think that? All larger screened PMPs do more poorly.

Sounds like you just want an iPad instead.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Apple have the machinery and researchers to make the impossible possible and they already have the ipod touch and the ipad and the mini ....A slightly smaller screen size than the ipad mini would prove to be a very successful device ...It would be like an ipod touch but a big big ipod touch and it would sit inbetween the ipad and the ipod and it would be an amazing device ...coming from Apple it would be a very sexy looking gadget...and I am sure that a whole lot of people would go crazy for it around the world...and I would call it baby ipad.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    …in-between the iPad and the iPod…

Apple doesn't need to fill in every single "gap". There aren't gaps.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    WE SHALL SEE WHAT TRANSPIRES NOW ..I HAVE PUT OUT MY THOUGHTS ...MAYBE THEY WILL BEAR FRUIT ...MAYBE NOT....In the meantime I will live with my 64 gb 4th generation ipod touch and I will possibly buy the Note 3 and the Note 12.2 when that.comes out ...but I will be wishing and hoping that Apple will do itself proud and bring out a Baby Ipad about the size of a sixth inch screen.