Part leak suggests Apple's low-cost iPhone will have same 8MP camera as iPhone 5

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    The next premium iPhone will include at least one significant advancement, maybe more. My guess; it will know whether you are really you by your biometric presence. 

OH. WAIT. Apple has a patent on a sensor that is able to distinguish people based on the difference in their capacitance, don't they! I completely forgot.

Okay, I'm no longer worried about the fingerprint sensor working. I AM worried that this implies multiple accounts on one device.
  • Reply 22 of 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesv View Post

Great post Dunks, and I agree that the 5S will be the more advanced device, but not that much more advanced, the 5 has LTE, the larger screen, and a healthy processor as well, not to mention a new look if the rumors hold true. The 5C will go down as the best selling iPhone of all time when it's said and done for 2013, the 5S if true will just be a little better as the 4S was to the 4 and the 5 to the 4S......2014 the high end model will be the one that seperates the iPhone from the rest of the pack once again. 5C will steal the show in '13 mark my words!

Lets drop the 5S nomenclature for a moment, because it skews how we think about the premium iPhone coming out. 

Think for a moment about the 5c, which is a fairly accurate name estimate. What if THIS phone is to be Apple's small step up (a la iPhone 5s), and the premium version will be a "game-changing" advancement that will challenge the competition to find a way to match. 

• Reply 23 of 25
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    I'm not seeing NFC in the near future on iPhones. The standards still don''t exist and the security is still questionable. Besides, adding NFC would tend to make the Android platform seem ahead of Apple in this respect and that would be misleading.

I don't know much about the security but just because a few devices in android land have this won't stop apple.

Probably not this year though.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    jamesvjamesv Posts: 33member
    Lets drop the 5S nomenclature for a moment, because it skews how we think about the premium iPhone coming out. 

Think for a moment about the 5c, which is a fairly accurate name estimate. What if THIS phone is to be Apple's small step up (a la iPhone 5s), and the premium version will be a "game-changing" advancement that will challenge the competition to find a way to match. 
  • Reply 25 of 25
    jamesvjamesv Posts: 33member
    According to the rumors Macky the 5C will house the exact same internals as the 5, just a different case. The 5S has already been leaked with the dual flash on the back and looks just like the 2012 iPhone 5. 2014 will be the year the premium iPhone gets its mojo back. 2013 is all about the 5C.....much like 2012 was like the iPad mini! People wanna see a fresh product & the 5C will be just that & will be an upgrade for all except current 5 owners.