'BioShock Infinite' for Mac gets release date, to hit Mac App Store on Aug. 29

Comments

• Reply 41 of 62
    jfanningjfanning Posts: 3,398member
    Where do you get Europa Universalis IV for PS4? :no:

What part of the PS4 is unreleased you have the issue with?

OS X gaming is poor, even the Steam ports are terrible compared to the Windows versions
  • Reply 42 of 62
    Please actually reply to the points I'm making rather than inventing your own.

I am, stop using an unreleased item as your example for current gaming
  • Reply 43 of 62
    gtr wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

No, you fixed nothing. Sure you can purchase a Mac, then go out and purchase Windows so you can then gain the opportunity of playing some games, seems a real cost efficient way of doing things.

Now, can you tell me why these game producers aren't releasing their games for OSX at the same time as all other platforms?
  • Reply 44 of 62
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    jfanning wrote: »
    What part of the PS4 is unreleased you have the issue with?

The lies about it.
    I am, stop using an unreleased item as your example for current gaming

lol. :no:
  • Reply 45 of 62
    The lies about it.

Who is lying about it being released? If you want to refer to current console gaming you should be talking about the XBox 360, or the PS3 as they are actually available for sale
    lol. :no:

Please explain
  • Reply 46 of 62
    Who is lying about it being released?

Is it released? I'm talking about the discrepancy in what it has been shown to do and what you're claiming.
    If you want to refer to current console gaming you should be talking about the Xbox 360, or the PS3 as they are actually available for sale

The humor came from your discounting of a brand new game (out in seven days) as "current gaming". Of course it's current!
  • Reply 47 of 62
    Is it released? I'm talking about the discrepancy in what it has been shown to do and what you're claiming.

Back the truck up Frank, you aren't making any sense.

I haven't claimed anything about the PS4, except you can't currently buy one, what discrepancy is there in that? Now you claims on the other hand...

The humor came from your discounting of a brand new game (out in seven days) as "current gaming". Of course it's current!

Brand new game? It has been out for other platforms for four months now. Next you will claim Sim City is a brand new game...
  • Reply 48 of 62
    [quote name="jfanning" url="/t/158845/bioshock-infinite-for-mac-gets-release-date-to-hit-mac-app-store-on-aug-29/40#post_2375278"]
    Back the truck up Frank, you aren't making any sense.[/QUOTE]

Is the PS4 released?

[QUOTE]Brand new game? It has been out for other platforms for four months now.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Comes out in seven days.
  • Reply 49 of 62
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member

jfanning, please don't feed the trolls.

• Reply 50 of 62
    droidftw wrote: »
    jfanning, please don't feed the trolls.

Learn what a troll is, please.
  • Reply 51 of 62
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Is this the moment where Americans get to say: "Now the shit has hit the fanning"? (not my native language)
  • Reply 52 of 62
    philboogie wrote: »
    Is this the moment where Americans get to say: "Now the shit has hit the fanning"? (not my native language)

I really think it's just a misunderstanding somewhere. I'm talking about the PS4 (previous discussion) and a future game not on it (current discussion).
  • Reply 53 of 62
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    philboogie wrote: »

I really think it's just a misunderstanding somewhere. I'm talking about the PS4 (previous discussion) and a future game not on it (current discussion).

I understood that as such. Happens every now and then, in some threads. Oh well.
  • Reply 54 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Do you mean to say that you're not pretending to be dense just get a rise out of jfanning?  If you're not pretending then I'm definitely wrong.

• Reply 55 of 62
    droidftw wrote: »
    Do you mean to say that you're not pretending to be dense just get a rise out of jfanning?  If you're not pretending then I'm definitely wrong.

Nice try. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 56 of 62

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nice try. image

Exactly.  I don't think you're that dense either.

• Reply 57 of 62

Nope, he is on the money, he knows what a troll is
  • Reply 58 of 62
    Nope, he is on the money, he knows what a troll is

So what are you even talking about? Where do we differ here?
  • Reply 59 of 62
    So what are you even talking about? Where do we differ here?

You claimed that the PS4 would only do 24fps, I asked for you to back it up, as the PS3 doesn't have this restriction, so why would the unreleased PS4
  • Reply 60 of 62
    You claimed that the PS4 would only do 24fps, I asked for you to back it up, as the PS3 doesn't have this restriction, so why would the unreleased PS4

Hey, sure thing.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/thief/news/ps4_thief_capped_at_30fps_producer_suggests_60fps_not_a_necessity.html
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-killzone-shadow-fall-demo-tech-analysis

As I said at the very beginning, they're completely different hardware. You cannot use a previous console's capabilities (note that it also didn't do 60 across the board, much less 1080p) to explain the capabilities of the next generation.

These aren't iDevices and they're not Macs. It's an entirely different world.