Apple Stores gain new Philips Hue Bloom & LightStrips lighting options

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You've have to excuse some members of the "high tech" society. They need custom lighting to get in the mood.

Sounds like someone who doesn't have money to buy a product they want.

• Reply 22 of 26

The point of the kit, is the bridge and 3 bulbs.

And that reference on ebay, has half the lumens output, and further more with Philips Hue, you can set up timers for your lights to come on off when you are away.

You can also turn them on/off anywhere in the world from your phone, and you can setup geofencing so your lights come on when you get home, and off when you leave.

You can even setup command with ITTT.com that will flash your lights for given input commands.

The strips are just added for lighting mood.

People with money will buy them regardless.

I can't wait to get Kwikset KEVO as well. Home automation is fun.

• Reply 23 of 26
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    brunzilla wrote: »
    The point of the kit, is the bridge and 3 bulbs.
    And that reference on ebay, has half the lumens output, and further more with Philips Hue, you can set up timers for your lights to come on off when you are away.
    You can also turn them on/off anywhere in the world from your phone, and you can setup geofencing so your lights come on when you get home, and off when you leave.
    You can even setup command with ITTT.com that will flash your lights for given input commands.
    The strips are just added for lighting mood.

People with money will buy them regardless.

I can't wait to get Kwikset KEVO as well. Home automation is fun.

There are other differences, as well. Cheap LEDs are junk. The rated lifetime is a joke. Quality LEDs are completely different.

You can buy an LED bulb for $5 or 6 if you search around, but it's absolutely nothing like the quality bulbs you can buy.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    massconn72 wrote: »
    Who the "F" cares?

Obviously not you so why waste your time posting? Some of us are interested, you don't speak for everyone.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    latcholatcho Posts: 1member
    2meters LED strip at 30 leds per meter! Give me a break :D
    A decent strip has 60 LEDS per meter. This HUE strip will be just enough to make your lavatory kind'o glamorous:D
    Philips tries to make itself trendy by beign available exclusively in the hipster Apple stores.
    But honestly. Everything I have bought in the last 5 years from Philips breaks or is breaking.
    Why would I invest in this 'exclusive' stuff?
    Most China ledstrips can be bought for less but mind the gap, there is a big difference in quality. Chinese sell mostly 3 qualities: B for trash / A very good / A for pro.
    I have found a good provider that has similar atoys for 3x less.
    Their ( http://www.wifiledlamp.com or AppLamp) ledstrip is 60 leds per meter ( like it supposed to be) and the length is 5 meter. That is 240 leds *more* for 2/3 of the price of the short hipster Philips's strip I can assure you it is `A` quality luminance! Viva Android & Wifi LedStrips for less.
  • Reply 26 of 26

Lighting is essential to erase darkness. Home and office premises require additional efficient lighting arrangement to light up portions of the building that do not get sufficient amount of light. In addition, lighting is necessary to cope up with darkness after evening. Advanced Philips lighting comes in aid to eradicate darkness through glowing and brighter light in comparison to lighting arrangements of any other company.  Phillips LED Lights