Apple launches iTunes in the Cloud movies in Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, more

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple on Thursday debuted its iTunes in the Cloud feature for re-downloading purchased movies in a number of countries across the globe, including Japan and 7 European nations.

iCloud

The full list of countries added are Japan, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, and Slovenia. iTunes in the Cloud capabilities for music debuted in Japan in February of 2012.

The service first debuted in the U.S. in late 2011. Apple has been gradually expanding worldwide availability as it secures the necessary contracts for re-downloading of content.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Now just to get a single, worldwide iTunes Store.
  • Reply 2 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Now just to get a single, worldwide iTunes Store.

I wish...

• Reply 3 of 5
    airbubbleairbubble Posts: 105member
    Well the European Union and Europe at large agrees with Apple on a single shop-stop
    market. Even so, they still haven't managed to set terms or agreements (that being Europe).

So if your can't come to terms in a unified market has Europe then you'll not going to be able to have a North America, South & Central America, South Asia or Australasia market before
    you get your Global market shop?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    airbubble wrote: »
    Well the European Union and Europe at large agrees with Apple on a single shop-stop
    market. Even so, they still haven't managed to set terms or agreements (that being Europe).

So if your can't come to terms in a unified market has Europe then you'll not going to be able to have a North America, South & Central America, South Asia or Australasia market before
    you get your Global market shop?

Actually in Europe, our single market doesn't cover every commercial space per say - we have a common agricultural policy, a common fisheries policy to name a few, but we don't as of yet have a single market for telecommunications or digital products. The former is currently being worked on by our Vice President for the Digital Agenda, but the centerpiece there is an abolition of mobile roaming fees across the EU member states.

I think we're a long way from a unified European iTunes Store, but I don't think it's out of reach...
  • Reply 5 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by ombra2105 View Post

I wish...

Me too.