President Obama reportedly talks government surveillance with Apple's Cook, tech leaders

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47

buy Cheap Apple Imac

Ipad mini

Apple ipad 2

Apple Ipad 3rd

Apple iphone 4s

Apple iphone 5  just $300usd

Apple ipod touch 4th Generation

Apple macbook

Dell Alienware

Nokia Mobile Phone

Samsung galaxy s4 on sale

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!! 

• Reply 42 of 47
    Well may be it is necessary within the confines of an open and interpretable law. The issue is that I am not a citizen of he the USA, so any amendments and restrictions that are put in place to protect USA citizens will to not have any effect on the unrestricted access to my data stored in vast data centres ran Apple and any other US companies.
    The danger of this is iCloud.....a foreign power (who has no juristriction over me-therefore no different to Russia or China In my eyes) has access to my location (find my phone), has access to my thought (Notes), my contacts, and the work that I am doing (iWorks).
  • Reply 43 of 47
    Also, as my communications through imessage and email as it has been synced through iCloud through my 3 apple devices.
    The issue is no foreign power deserves to have blanket access to my data, despite Apple's and Google's privacy policy.

I am seriously considering moving email address, boycotting Facebook and moving to uk bebo and already have changed my email address to accommodate the disgust in the treatment of citizens of the allies and beyond.
    I was waiting for the IPhone 5s, but unless Apple build a data centre with the European Union, which handles all EU data I want nothing to do with the company. the EU does have some data snooping laws, but it has been openly interpreted and only for metadata. I don't want my information to be passed along the transatlantic cables.
    Apple in my eyes are weak and pathetic, now defending the issue. If hey really wanted protect their international customers, they should have set up the European and Chinese/Asian data centres exclusively for those national off their own back. Now they appear complicit with the NSA and the USA government.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiecrumles View Post

Also, as my communications through imessage and email as it has been synced through iCloud through my 3 apple devices.

The issue is no foreign power deserves to have blanket access to my data, despite Apple's and Google's privacy policy.

I am seriously considering moving email address, boycotting Facebook and moving to uk bebo and already have changed my email address to accommodate the disgust in the treatment of citizens of the allies and beyond.

I was waiting for the IPhone 5s, but unless Apple build a data centre with the European Union, which handles all EU data I want nothing to do with the company. the EU does have some data snooping laws, but it has been openly interpreted and only for metadata. I don't want my information to be passed along the transatlantic cables.

Apple in my eyes are weak and pathetic, now defending the issue. If hey really wanted protect their international customers, they should have set up the European and Chinese/Asian data centres exclusively for those national off their own back. Now they appear complicit with the NSA and the USA government.

That isn't the issue for companies at all. They are LEGALLY PROHIBITED from any form of acknowledgment or discussion surrounding their "cooperation", whether it was voluntary or not.

• Reply 45 of 47
    "That isn't the issue for companies at all. They are LEGALLY PROHIBITED from any form of acknowledgment or discussion surrounding their "cooperation", whether it was voluntary or not."

I think it is.
    Lavabit, a secure email service, decided NOT to comply and was closed. Would the US government risk closing down Google, Microsoft and Apple if they objected?These companies could have also appealed the decision in a secret congress hearing, especially as the patriot act, which was the law used by the NSA to justify its actions were misinterpreted according to law makers. You can always challenge the interpretation of law. It's amazing how companies are challenging the law now to give their customers more information!

So exactly what steps did Apple do to protect the privacy of their international customers?! Now they got caught thanks to snowdon, there is a "woops, I hope our international customers din get annoyed". They could have taken the unilateral step of building a data centre in the EU's jurisdiction for ALL international customers-at least it would regulated. They took no teps an ontinue to build data centres in he US! A law is not a law, in a democracy, if it can't be challenged or it's secret!
  • Reply 46 of 47
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    The US is NOT a democracy. It's a constitutional republic. I thought people understood that by now.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Well it does not matter what the USA is. My issue is with the companies that I am a customer of, Apple and Google, and their dismal attempt to ensure my data was moderately private against a foreign government, who I am not a citizen of, and therefore violating the trust between myself and the company.

Why not give it to China, India, Iran and Belarus! There are always ways around laws and fr Apple it was opening a data centre in Europe. They had years to do that! That's why is indefensible!