Twitter #music update now scans iPhone library for recommendations

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
The Twitter #music app for iOS got an update on Friday, one that enables the app personalize music recommendations based on what tunes are already installed on a user's iPhone.

Version 1.2 of Twitter #music saw release on Friday, giving the app the ability to scan a user's iPhone music library to suggest more relevant artists. The app also shows users artists they've Tweeted about, allowing users to keep track of which tunes and acts they've shown interest in in the past.

Additionally, the update adds new ways of exploring and discovering music. Users can now check out artists' top tracks, find similar artists, and check out artists that a favorite artist follows on Twitter.

The update also brings new localizations for a number of different languages. Users in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland will now have native language versions of #music to track their favorite artists.

Friday's update is the app's second in a little over a month. In June, Twitter added genre filtering and Rdio authentication when bringing #music to version 1.1.

Twitter #music version 1.2 is available as a free download in the iTunes App Store. The 19.7MB download requires an iPhone, iPod, or iPad running iOS 6.0 or later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,251member
    That's nice. Twitter scans my music library. What's next, my contacts and email and sends that to whom?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Twatter
  • Reply 3 of 6
    macbook promacbook pro Posts: 1,605member
    rob53 wrote: »
    That's nice. Twitter scans my music library. What's next, my contacts and email and sends that to whom?

What? Do you honestly think it doesn't scan your calendar and contacts already?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    gazoobeegazoobee Posts: 3,754member

If it's anything like Apple's "genius" all it will do is recommend:

- music by same artists you already have

- music in same genre you listen to a lot. 

This is something I've been able to do for myself for a long time.  How hard is it to go to the iTunes store and look up your favourite artist/genre and see if they have any new albums? I'm astounded by anyone who thinks they actually need services like this. 

• Reply 5 of 6
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    If it's anything like Apple's "genius" all it will do is recommend:

- music by same artists you already have
    - music in same genre you listen to a lot. 

This is something I've been able to do for myself for a long time.  How hard is it to go to the iTunes store and look up your favourite artist/genre and see if they have any new albums? I'm astounded by anyone who thinks they actually need services like this. 

It also notifies you when your favourite band is playing in your region shortly.
  • Reply 6 of 6

buy Cheap Apple Imac

Ipad mini

Apple ipad 2

Apple Ipad 3rd

Apple iphone 4s

Apple iphone 5  just $300usd

Apple ipod touch 4th Generation

Apple macbook

Dell Alienware

Nokia Mobile Phone

Samsung galaxy s4 on sale