T-Mobile to remove iPhone 5 and 4S from '$0 Down' sale as AT&T cuts 'Next' plan prices

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I have it on good authority that he's not returning.

The funny thing about people is that they change their minds and many do what they swore they'd never do, but wherever he is I wish him the best.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    dasanman69 wrote: »

The funny thing about people is that they change their minds and many do what they swore they'd never do, but wherever he is I wish him the best.

He pretty much had it with the incessant, uncontrolled trolling on this site, and the mods largely being checked out.

Can't say I blame him. I had always admired the fact that AI was one of the last unabashedly pro-Apple sites left. It's pathetic to see what it has become.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    He pretty much had it with the incessant, uncontrolled trolling on this site, and the mods largely being checked out.

Can't say I blame him. I had always admired the fact that AI was one of the last unabashedly pro-Apple sites left. It's pathetic to see what it has become.

There are times when AI gets suddenly flooded with hate spewing trolls and while I often offer a contradictory opinion on here I'd like to think that I don't do in a hateful manner, although I do enjoy irking TS.
  • Reply 24 of 33

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

... and while I often offer a contradictory opinion ....

"Often"? "Often"?! Sigh. Have you read your own tag line?

I am perfectly fine with contradictory opinions -- I mean this quite sincerely and perhaps you just refuse to see it -- but you're way past the point of tiresomeness.

• Reply 25 of 33
    vadania wrote: »
    No, probably not.  If you take the fanaticism out of it then it's really not the best handset out there at the moment, so why advertise that you have a subpar product?  Ecosystem wise the iPhone is great, but how many people even know what that means?   The iPad is helping people understand the whole concept of an ecosystem, but the iPhone is falling behind... not perhaps in a realistic way, but a perceived way.

I'm seeing more and more iPads out in public and less and less iPhones (unfortunately in replace of a Galaxy) in public.  My guess is that screen size does matter to most.

One thing I used to chuckle with here was the quote "epic fail"  My prediction is that if AAPL doesn't release something at least competitive it will be epic.  This is the fourth time AAPL has hit $460 and dropped.  I love Apple just for that!

You really have to live outside of society to not understand the larger screen form factor at this point....

At this point I will say that AAPL does not understand New England.  It has lost the "race" or what ever you want to call it here.
    Once again we have opinion masquerading as fact. You'd think the trolls would learn. But then, of course, they wouldn't be trolls....
  • Reply 26 of 33
    http://www.blueshoptrading.com
    Very cheap price to
    buy Cheap Apple Imac
    Ipad mini
    Apple ipad 2
    Apple Ipad 3rd
    Apple iphone 4s
    Apple iphone 5 just $300usd
    Apple ipod touch 4th Generation
    Apple macbook
    Dell Alienware
    Nokia Mobile Phone
    Samsung galaxy s4 on sale
    YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!
  • Reply 27 of 33

Very cheap price to  

buy Cheap Apple Imac

Ipad mini

Apple ipad 2

Apple Ipad 3rd

Apple iphone 4s

Apple iphone 5  just $300usd

Apple ipod touch 4th Generation

Apple macbook

Dell Alienware

Nokia Mobile Phone

Samsung galaxy s4 on sale

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!! 

• Reply 28 of 33

Very cheap price to  

buy Cheap Apple Imac

Ipad mini

Apple ipad 2

Apple Ipad 3rd

Apple iphone 4s

Apple iphone 5  just $300usd

BLUESHOPTRADING . COM

• Reply 29 of 33
    AT&T's next is a ripoff

Let's do the math: AT&T says that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have a monthly installment fee of $32, on top of your existing AT&T service fees, which already include a device subsidy. The exact amount of that subsidy is unknown — AT&T declined to comment when I asked — but most industry estimates have put it at something like $20 per month. That's how you can get a GS4 for $199 with a new two-year contract, even though it costs $620 at retail: after two years, AT&T will have collected $680 in total device payments from you, and you get to keep the phone.

But the balance tips entirely towards AT&T with Next. Assuming that same $20 subsidy, after 12 months of Next you will have paid AT&T $384 in Next monthly installments and $240 in device subsidies, for a grand total of $620. Again, that's exactly the full retail cost of an unlocked Galaxy S4 — but you don't get to keep that phone, even though you just paid full price for it. You have to trade it in to get a new phone — effectively giving AT&T a free GS4 to refurbish and resell to its next unwitting customer.

Now, you do get to keep your Next phone if you pay 20 monthly installments, which will cost you a whopping $1,040 if you assume a $20 subsidy: $640 in Next payments, plus $400 in subsidies built into your AT&T plan. That's $420 in pure profit for AT&T, which just made you pay full price for a phone while charging you inflated service prices that include a subsidy specifically designed to lower the upfront cost of that phone.

Source: http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/7/16/4528404/att-next-phone-upgrade-plans-a-huge-ripoff
  • Reply 30 of 33
  • Reply 31 of 33

Most likely, Motorola's $500,000,000,000.00 advertising budget, and possibly compensation plan, will include the T-Mobile logo at the end.

In return, it's possible that the Motorola XXX SpyPhone will become the next phone that is free, and placed on Promotion.

• Reply 32 of 33
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Most likely, Motorola's $500,000,000,000.00 advertising budget, and possibly compensation plan, will include the T-Mobile logo at the end.

In return, it's possible that the Motorola XXX SpyPhone will become the next phone that is free, and placed on Promotion.

I was wondering where that $500K marketing claim came from and just found it was credited to "people familiar with the matter" from the Wall Street Journal. Guess if the WSJ reports a rumor then it becomes a fact. That's a lot of money for one phone, so perhaps it's true, or perhaps not.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

Quote:

Originally Posted by MANNYDLGHT View Post

AT&T's next is a ripoff

Let's do the math: AT&T says that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have a monthly installment fee of $32, on top of your existing AT&T service fees, which already include a device subsidy. The exact amount of that subsidy is unknown — AT&T declined to comment when I asked — but most industry estimates have put it at something like $20 per month. That's how you can get a GS4 for $199 with a new two-year contract, even though it costs $620 at retail: after two years, AT&T will have collected $680 in total device payments from you, and you get to keep the phone.

But the balance tips entirely towards AT&T with Next. Assuming that same $20 subsidy, after 12 months of Next you will have paid AT&T $384 in Next monthly installments and $240 in device subsidies, for a grand total of $620. Again, that's exactly the full retail cost of an unlocked Galaxy S4 — but you don't get to keep that phone, even though you just paid full price for it. You have to trade it in to get a new phone — effectively giving AT&T a free GS4 to refurbish and resell to its next unwitting customer.

Now, you do get to keep your Next phone if you pay 20 monthly installments, which will cost you a whopping $1,040 if you assume a $20 subsidy: $640 in Next payments, plus $400 in subsidies built into your AT&T plan. That's $420 in pure profit for AT&T, which just made you pay full price for a phone while charging you inflated service prices that include a subsidy specifically designed to lower the upfront cost of that phone.

Source: http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/7/16/4528404/att-next-phone-upgrade-plans-a-huge-ripoff

Exactly.  You're the smart one ATT couldn't cheat.  But I bet they'll still get many customers who're just looking at the upfront cost and fall into signing the contract.  But some will say that more profit to ATT the better because they come up with this "smart" program to boost their bottom line.