Rumor: Fingerprint sensor production could limit Apple to 4M 'iPhone 5S' units this quarter

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Never heard such crap in my life.

Oh sure you have: just before every APPLE product launch in the last decade....

• Reply 22 of 28
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,095member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

You're confused. With Apple, it's always opposite day.

If demand is high enough that they can't fulfill all orders instantaneously, that's bad.

If demand is low enough that there is even a single unsold phone, that's bad.

If a new product is late, it's bad planning and that's bad.

If a new product is early, Apple released it before it's ready because they're scared and that's bad.

If they lower the price of a product, that's a sign of desperation and that's bad.

If they raise the price of a product, they will scare away customers and that's bad.

If they introduce more than one phone at a time, they've lost focus and that's bad.

If they keep selling only the same number of SKUs, they've lost the ability to innovate and that's bad.

If they keep the outer appearance the same, the competitors have passed them and that's bad.

If they change the outer appearance, that hurts their partners and developers and that's bad.

It really does make the analysts' job easier, though. No matter what happens, it's bad news for Apple. image

This post was totally funny.  The sad part is that it's true.  Every single fandroid, iHater, and a$$hat analyst conveniently take every line from this post and regurgitate it like clockwork on every product launch.  Doesn't matter that they look stupid and wrong each time they do it.  They just do it for the sake of hating.

• Reply 23 of 28
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Really? If you read AI at all, this is pretty much standard.

1. Start a rumor about some technology that Apple will use in future iDevices.

2. Later, start a rumor that the technology is slated for a specific iDevice.

3. Start a rumor that shortages of that technology will limit production of said iDevice.

4. Later, after the iDevice is released, backpedal. Either:

a. Say that they were unable to use the technology because it wasn't ready but it will be in a future iDevice

b. Say that improvements in yield allowed them to ship more than expected

5. Rinse, repeat.

It's so standard that it could be automated.

I bet it does a decent job of stirring up demand and getting people to wait in line to get a new iDevice though.  Gotta get one before they're all gone.  Supplies are limited, act now.  image

• Reply 24 of 28
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

This post was totally funny.  The sad part is that it's true.  Every single fandroid, iHater, and a$$hat analyst conveniently take every line from this post and regurgitate it like clockwork on every product launch.  Doesn't matter that they look stupid and wrong each time they do it.  They just do it for the sake of hating.

They do it because they chose the wrong platform in the first place and they are afraid to admit it.  So, they make up excuses to hate Apple.

Since the Android OEMs take too damn long to update their devices, IF they even do, they are basically FORCING users to buy new phones just to get a recent OS version..

I just call the Android fanboys that hate Apple, hemorrhoids.   Maybe they'll get the hint.

• Reply 25 of 28
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member
    As soon as I saw digitimes in the article I stopped reading. Anyone who believes that rag is deceiving themselves
  • Reply 26 of 28
    jonyojonyo Posts: 117member

Whatever the specs and feature details of the 5S or whatever it gets called, I'm buying one. My iphone 4 is starting to have a significantly reduced battery capacity, and I've been holding off on paying the $70 for the battery service waiting for the new stuff to come out. Looking forward to all the stuff they've added to the 4S & 5 and whatever they'll add to the new thing, stuff like Siri, a better camera, longer screen, LTE, all that.

• Reply 27 of 28

No serious confirmation yet that there will be a fingerprint scanner.  Would Apple limit themselves ???

• Reply 28 of 28
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

No serious confirmation yet that there will be a fingerprint scanner.  Would Apple limit themselves ???

And how would Apple be limiting themselves?