• Reply 22 of 29
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Originally Posted by Daniel Epstein View Post

Not to mention news of New Iphone announcement

That didn't happen.

• Reply 23 of 29
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    paul94544 wrote: »
    I wonder if there will ever come a time when Samsung's board and/or investors will start to question their blatant copying of other companies patents. I am guessing at some point the cost of protecting themselves from patents and damage to the Samsung brand as a result will start to affect their bottom line? I hope so! I for one will never buy anything from Samsung ever again and try to not buy anything sourced with their junk either if at all possible practically.

Only if the money lining their pockets run out.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    [QUOTE]Investors encouraged by news of the decision to ban certain infringing Samsung models (which was issued by the U.S. International Trade Commission last Friday after the market closed) sent Apple's stock up $12.91 (2.8 percent) to close at $467 today.[/QUOTE]

Faulty logic postulated on imperfect data collection.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    red oakred oak Posts: 1,089member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

I wonder if there will ever come a time when Samsung's board and/or investors will start to question their blatant copying of other companies patents. I am guessing at some point the cost of protecting themselves from patents and damage to the Samsung brand as a result will start to affect their bottom line? I hope so! I for one will never buy anything from Samsung ever again and try to not buy anything sourced with their junk either if at all possible practically.

The concept of corporate governance and checks and balances does not exist in Korea.  Samsung is a corrupt, family owned business.  The founders have been indicted twice for fraud by the Korean government.  The son is being groomed to take over the company like some kind of 18th century monarchy.  

Lying and stealing is part of the company's DNA.  Apple will be well served when if finally severs all supplier relationships.  Just a matter of time  

• Reply 26 of 29
    Your article is amazingly wrong. Apple's stock price went up because of the launch date for the new iPhones. The "win" Apple got (after many losses) only applies to a few really old phones. You can see http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/10/usitc_issues_mixed_ruling_in_apple_samsung_case/ for details.

You should think twice before celebrating the ban... Apple is still dependent on Samsung in many ways... want to bet the new iPad mini's will be late? And... oh the pricing they'll get!

• Reply 27 of 29
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    brians wrote: »
    Your article is amazingly wrong. Apple's stock price went up because of the launch date for the new iPhones. The "win" Apple got (after many losses) only applies to a few really old phones. You can see http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/10/usitc_issues_mixed_ruling_in_apple_samsung_case/ for details.

You should think twice before celebrating the ban... Apple is still dependent on Samsung in many ways... want to bet the new iPad mini's will be late? And... oh the pricing they'll get!
    I doubt it's the Apple event. the event is an annual occurance. It would be more if an effect if there wasn't an event.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,251member

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

Apple is effectively a too-big-to-fail and the gov't will do whatever it can do to protect the company.   Wish I had bought it when it was sub-$400.

Grow up and understand what's been going on. American judges and the DOJ have been working overtime trying everything they can to shut Apple down. Even after a jury recognizes that Samsung violated Apple design patents, the crazy judge refuses to honor the results and throws out half the judgment. So much for a trial by jury. The DOJ prejudices the outcome by saying Apple is guilty in the eBook trial before it even starts, rejects valid information, and pronounces Apple guilty then basically shuts down the iBookstore for several years as punishment. What planet are you on to make your statement? The latest judgments were valid and came from judges who didn't have their heads up their rear ends.

• Reply 29 of 29
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    rob53 wrote: »
    Grow up and understand what's been going on. American judges and the DOJ have been working overtime trying everything they can to shut Apple down. Even after a jury recognizes that Samsung violated Apple design patents, the crazy judge refuses to honor the results and throws out half the judgment. So much for a trial by jury. The DOJ prejudices the outcome by saying Apple is guilty in the eBook trial before it even starts, rejects valid information, and pronounces Apple guilty then basically shuts down the iBookstore for several years as punishment. What planet are you on to make your statement? The latest judgments were valid and came from judges who didn't have their heads up their rear ends.

Of course the DoJ thought Apple was guilty or else they wouldn't have taken them to court. The iBookstore isn't going anywhere, and try to keep score because Apple has won more trials than they've lost.