Apple fixes iTunes in the Cloud issue with iTunes 11.0.5 update

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple on Friday rolled out an iTunes update that corrects an issue with iTunes in the Cloud that would cause some purchases to download or play unexpected items.

iTunes

Apple's iTunes version 11.0.5 deals with an issue first mentioned in an unusual mid-week iOS 7 beta seed that went out on Thursday.

According to the release notes, the update only targets an issue with iTunes in the Cloud purchases.

The OS X version of iTunes 11.0.5 comes in at 187.46MB and can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple's Support Downloads webpage. An update is also available for Windows users here, but the link is not yet live.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    An update is also available for Windows users <a href="http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1615">here</a>, but the link is not yet live.

Poor Windoze users, always missing out on the good stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    philboogie wrote: »

Have you ever used iTunes on a "Windoze" machine? IMO there's not a lot of good stuff to miss out on unless there's been some major improvement in the last year.. It doesn't appear iTunes on Windows is a priority for Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gatorguy wrote: »

Have you ever used iTunes on a "Windoze" machine? IMO there's not a lot of good stuff to miss out on unless there's been some major improvement in the last year.. It doesn't appear iTunes on Windows is a priority for Apple.

About 3 days a week, works ok, like on a Mac. Just the shortcuts are different, obviously. I was only making a lame post, but since you respond with a serious post; I'll ask a question: why do you think: "it doesn't appear iTunes on Windows is a priority for Apple"?

With a mere 50M using iTunes on a Mac, and a (supposedly) 10-fold of that on Windows, I can only presume they 'have their priorities straightened out'.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    About 3 days a week, works ok, like on a Mac. Just the shortcuts are different, obviously. I was only making a lame post, but since you respond with a serious post; I'll ask a question: why do you think: "it doesn't appear iTunes on Windows is a priority for Apple"?

With a mere 50M using iTunes on a Mac, and a (supposedly) 10-fold of that on Windows, I can only presume they 'have their priorities straightened out'.

I can't speak for more than a couple folks I've talked with to compare with my own experience with iTunes on Windows. I originally set it up for my my son and his iPod. Two computers, same results. After iTunes installed, which took over an hour and may well have been the several hours I frustratingly feel like it took in hindsight, the entire system went into turtle mode. Everything slowed down to the point neither computer was still "work" usable. That shouldn't happen. The folks I mentioned it too, one a regular and dedicated Apple user, had much the same experience. iiTunes on Windows was severely bloated and a resource hog..

Vaild observation? It was for me. YMMV and apparently does.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    gatorguy wrote: »
    ^ post

Woa, that sucks. I install the updates on that PC, and never had problems. Other than the HDD being the cause of slowing everything down. Will install a SSD which should make a big difference, though that wouldn't help your case...