Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer calls it quits, to retire within a year

2456717

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 330


    Send in your resume, Scott.


     


    Maybe you can invigorate Surface sales with a little skeuomorphism.

  • Reply 22 of 330
    notscottnotscott Posts: 247member


    I'm gonna miss monkey boy videos. Sigh.

  • Reply 23 of 330
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member


    Ballmer's retiring next year?


     


    I thought he stopped working in 2000!

  • Reply 24 of 330
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,523member
    icarbon wrote: »
    with luck, maybe the new CEO will figure out how to make that company produce software people actually want to own...

    here's hoping anyway

    Given they never did that in the first place, they simply purloined Apple's software, I think the new person will have a hard time doing that. There is simply no 'DNA' in Microsoft to innovate, only to rip off. Personally I wish Ballmer was staying, I'd like to see him go down with the ship.
  • Reply 25 of 330
    Forstall should take his position seeing as though he had traits like Steve.
  • Reply 26 of 330
    nikiloknikilok Posts: 383member


    I think Ballmer dint want to bear in his conciseness, the CEO that dragged Microsoft down into the dirts. He pulled the white flag way before that could happen :)

  • Reply 27 of 330
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Maybe Ray Ozzie will come back?
  • Reply 28 of 330
    maecvsmaecvs Posts: 129member
    About time! Can't wait for the door to hit monkey boy's ass. One has to wonder if he is being pushed out though.......
  • Reply 29 of 330
    Probably the best thing to happen to Microsoft. Perhaps they can get some clarity back in their organization.
  • Reply 30 of 330
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,523member
    m0c0s0 wrote: »
    Scott Forstall anyone?

    Funny you say that … for some strange reason that was the first thought that popped into my head. However, I assume Scott signed enough NDAs to make him next to useless to them, because, let's be honest, they'd only want him to yet again rip off Apple. Having said that we all remember Rubin ...
  • Reply 31 of 330


    Ballmer's resignation won't spur a recovery from Windows 8, and the long line of other past and recent catastrophes. "Microsoft"  is a beached whale!

  • Reply 32 of 330
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,523member
    imageman wrote: »
    Ballmer's resignation won't spur a recovery from Windows 8, and the long line of other past and recent catastrophes. "Microsoft"  is a beached whale!

    In fact both Microsoft and Ballmer fit that description … :D

    Meanwhile the Ballmer family rejoice … at last they can buy iPhones, iPads and MacBook Pros.
  • Reply 33 of 330


    @digitalclips: good point!

  • Reply 34 of 330
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,523member
    maecvs wrote: »
    About time! Can't wait for the door to hit monkey's ass. One has to wonder if he is being pushed out though.......

    Can't wait to hear the spin from Mr. 'stole everything he could', Gates in-between buying himself a place in heaven with philanthropy.
  • Reply 35 of 330
    Oh Bal.... I mean, bummer! One of Apple's safety nets is gone. :-/

    Fortunately, he's there for twelve months more. That's a lifetime, in this business.
  • Reply 36 of 330
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Why are people seriously throwing out Scott Forstall's name? What is his experience with running a large multinational? My guess is it will be someone internal or someone who previously worked at Microsoft like Ray Ozzie.
  • Reply 37 of 330
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,740member


    About twelve years too late.  Good riddance.

  • Reply 38 of 330
    I doubt this will help Microsoft's fortunes much. While it was/has been clear that Microsoft needed new leadership, the company's adherence to 'Windows Everywhe' is a big cause of it's stagnation. My guess is the final straw was the Windows 8/Surface debacle...
  • Reply 39 of 330


    Finally, the village idiot is gone! 

  • Reply 40 of 330

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post



    Why are people seriously throwing out Scott Forstall's name? What is his experience with running a large multinational into the ground? My guess is it will be someone internal or someone who previously worked at Microsoft like Ray Ozzie.


     


    There. Fixed that for you.

Sign In or Register to comment.