Official with Japan's NTT DoCoMo fuels speculation that carrier will offer Apple's iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    All of it.

Well a negative can't be proven so the burden of proof falls on you.
  • Reply 22 of 34
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

An extra 10M phones?

yeah, and when Apple gets off their rear end and spits out a large screen phone, that will increase the yearly sales another 50% from that.  It's better than not having the business.  China Mobile is the big fish to go after, but DoCoMo is certainly a carrier to go after.  It will at least neutralize the Android market share numbers.

• Reply 23 of 34

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Well a negative can't be proven so the burden of proof falls on you.

Of course it can. I can prove there weren't any assault rifles in use during the Civil War, for example.

• Reply 24 of 34

Of course it can. I can prove there weren't any assault rifles in use during the Civil War, for example.

That's not a negative, that's a zero and which can be proven.
  • Reply 25 of 34

That's not a negative, that's a zero and which can be proven.

• Reply 26 of 34
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    For some reason I have a feeling that a partnership with DoMoCo is more likely than China Mobile at this point.

You can see the desperation in this particular guys words. China Mobile doesn't have the same desperation for the iPhone.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I guess Apple would probably be happy to sell iPhones with either or both at this point.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    :no:

None existed which is zero, easy to prove. Now let's say that you claim that I'm a paid shill, I couldn't prove that I'm not (a negative) because there wouldn't be any positive evidence so you would have to prove that I am (a positive) because there would be positive evidence.
  • Reply 28 of 34

I couldn't prove that I'm not

Then you're not really trying, are you? Of course you can.

• Reply 29 of 34
    Then you're not really trying, are you? Of course you can.

I wouldn't have to, if one makes a claim it's on them to prove it not the other party to disprove it.
  • Reply 30 of 34

I wouldn't have to, if one makes a claim it's on them to prove it not the other party to disprove it.

Wonder why so many pretend otherwise, then. Like you in the other thread.

• Reply 31 of 34
    Wonder why so many pretend otherwise, then. Like you in the other thread.

How does one pretend no to? Because I mention a competitor's device? You do a great job mentioning Android whenever a article has nothing to do with it, one could easily accuse you of it.
  • Reply 32 of 34

You do a great job mentioning Android whenever a article has nothing to do with it, one could easily accuse you of it.

1. Nope.

2. That's not anywhere near the same thing as what we're discussing.

Come off it.

• Reply 33 of 34

Dunno. I am using Docomo on an unlocked 4S here in Japan and I have not been impressed with their overall service.  NTT's LTE plan is way too expensive for ordinary calls, which I often do to contact the office. Of course I don't get LTE speed on the 4S but coverage is average at best, absolutely terrible in some places, and certainly no worse than Softbank here in Tokyo.

Not having the iPhone might be some reason for NTT's declining subscriptions, but I think it is mostly because of their overpriced, lazy service.

• Reply 34 of 34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomato201 View Post

Dunno. I am using Docomo on an unlocked 4S here in Japan and I have not been impressed with their overall service.  NTT's LTE plan is way too expensive for ordinary calls, which I often do to contact the office. Of course I don't get LTE speed on the 4S but coverage is average at best, absolutely terrible in some places, and certainly no worse than Softbank here in Tokyo.

Not having the iPhone might be some reason for NTT's declining subscriptions, but I think it is mostly because of their overpriced, lazy service.

I'm on AU and coverage where I go in Tokyo is really unreliable, while people around me on Softbank and Docomo are fine. Bad luck, I guess. I wouldn't mind trying a Docomo 5S but NTT will have to hurry to get my money because when that baby comes out I'm not going to wait. They've had years to get this, after all.

For high call rates, by the way, these guys helped save me money. Got minimum minutes on AU and route calls through this company instead. I do make a lot of calls outside Tokyo though. YMMV: http://www.worldlink-tel.com/eintro.html