Patent 'trolls' hit Apple with 171 lawsuits in last 5 years

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45

Have you looked at how long a THIEF can string out the court proceedings? you whine about small companies being victimized. Bullcrap.

With requests for re-examination, court delays, appeals, so called but phony work-arounds the THIEF can delay justice for a decade or more.

There is NO WAY that a small company or individual with stolen IP can fight a THIEF. Our system is designed to protect the BIG THIEVES with deep pockets.

To call a company that has won a court case against a BIG THIEF a troll is not only puerile but is also dead wrong.

• Reply 42 of 45

Originally Posted by ecs View Post

Shame, Apple, shame. I really wish someday software patents will be called invalid. I'm not a leftist at all, but software patents are one of the most unfair things in the tech land. Period.

That makes zero sense.

What I think you actually want is for a legal clarification to be issued that reaffirms the scope of patents. You want patents to only cover an implementation of an idea, and not the idea itself: correct? That seems right.

Originally Posted by ihor43us View Post

To call a company that has won a court case against a BIG THIEF a troll is not only puerile but is also dead wrong.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, so please stop talking about it until you do. It really sounds like you or a loved one own one of these patents…

• Reply 43 of 45
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    ihor43us wrote: »
    you whine about small companies being victimized. Bullcrap.

Ever use an all-in-one fax machine/scanner to email a document? Make sure you send these guys $1000 for each one of the folks at your workplace. Thief!
    http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130102/08174721543/patent-troll-shell-companies-shake-down-small-businesses-1k-per-employee-using-network-scanner.shtml

Ever send out an email and request a read-receipt? Thief!
    https://trollingeffects.org/demand/rpost-2013-07-05

Do you or your company use a LAN system? Thief!
    https://trollingeffects.org/demand/rpost-2013-07-05

So "patent trolls" are a myth? I don't think so.
  • Reply 44 of 45

I see your point. It is valid.

I was thinking more along the lines of companies who have won their case in court but are still being painted with the Troll brush in an attempt to discredit them while the appeal ad nauseum process goes on..

• Reply 45 of 45

I always thought they meant "troll" like in the fantasy story bit. They guard a bridge and force you to pay a toll, justifying themselves by making claims they serviced the bridge somehow. Then you have two choices, risk your life fighting them, or pay them.

Same thing with most NPEs, except the bridge is your tech, the service is some weird thing they claim you couldn't have built the tech (crossed the bridge) without, and you being forced to risk your business fighting them in court, or you can just acquiesce and pay them.