Apple's rumored 'iPhone 5C' Quick Start guide, retail packaging reportedly photographed

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

Lots of little American girls and boys will be getting one of these for Xmas for sure.  

Ahh...so the [C] stands for Children then image

• Reply 62 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Here's another leaked photo of an alleged 5C. Something just doesn't look quite right with these phones. The display doesn't look to be flush with the plastic, and the plastic even looks like it has a bit of a lip around the edges. And the packaging doesn't really look like packaging we've seen before from Apple. Also, I don't know if it's the lighting or what, but sometimes these shells look very light, very pastel, and then othe times (like the photos below) they look darker, brighter and more vibrant. What gives?

There's just something about this whole 5C that makes me think we're missing an important piece of the puzzle. Like this phone will actually be price cheaper than expected off contract or will only be sold in certain markets like a China. Look at any of Apple's current cheaper products (iPods, iPad mini, Mac mini, etc) and none of those products actually look cheap. I hate to say it, but this 5C does. So if these leaks aren't fake I hope the product will be priced cheap.

iphone-5c-yellow.jpg

iphone-5c-blue1.jpg

If these are real, the (Pegatron?) factory that's leaking these photos has a really, REALLY big leak problem. I am surprised that these photos (if real), don't cause an Apple VP to fly to China and demand an internal security audit from the factory.

• Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I just don't see what you're getting at.  This is identical to the others except the sticker has been taken off.  

Apple has always used such stickers for products that you can see through the box like this also, so this one would seem to be less "Apple-like" than the ones with the stickers. 

Edit: actually I take it back, the Apple logo is upside down on this one, so this is obviously the upper part of the box, (with the iPhone inside), laid on top of the inverted lower box, which is why it looks slightly different.  

Actually I agree with Rogifan that the packaging shown in the original post is not in line with existing iPod touch packaging etc. The key aspect for me is that on the current iPod touch packaging the top of the transparent lid is completely flat vs. the dome style of the ones shown in the article. Also the Apple logo on the iPod touch packaging is upside down when the transparent lid is at the top.

However there are a number of possibilities:

- this one is a fake and has just been put in the iPod touch packaging (but based on the angle you can't see the side where it would display iPhone 5C or iPod touch etc.).

- this one is real and the others are fakes.

- the others are fakes based on the packaging being off the mark with the dome aspects and the apple logo not being inverted.

- the others are real and they've changed the packaging to differentiate between the iPhone 5C and the iPod touch (don't want any lawsuits about people wanting to buy an iPod touch but being deceived into buying a more expensive iPhone 5C due to the same packaging! /s).

I guess we will find out soon enough. Just one more point on having the plastic backs form a lip that is not flush with the screen: this would actually make sense; most back covers have this to help protect the screen from cracking should the iPhone be dropped, but the iPhone 5C is not likely to be used with a case and so any added protection would be helpful.

• Reply 64 of 65

Question - if these phones are packaged and ready to go, how can they ship with iOS 7?

• Reply 65 of 65
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    hentaiboy wrote: »
    Question - if these phones are packaged and ready to go, how can they ship with iOS 7?

My feeling - and nobody else agrees so take this however you like - is that the 5C will ship with iOS 6 and the 5S will ship with iOS 7. The 5C buyers will get an upgrade a few weeks later.