Latest parts leak may show Apple's 'iPhone 5S' fingerprint scanner

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Originally Posted by GauravBidasaria

I did some research on the history of the names of all the Apple products and the reasoning behind it. All Apple products start with the letter "i".

How much is "some", given that this is wrong?

So what does the "i", "s" and "c" mean in the iPhones ? Please input your thoughts on this piece.

Prefix 'i' was initially primarily for 'Internet'. Suffix 'S' is for 'tock' models of iPhone. Suffix 'C' seems to be for the cheap model of iPhone.

• Reply 22 of 26
    Nice feature.

How long until the first request comes from the NSA for someone's fingerprint information?
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GauravBidasaria View Post

I did some research on the history of the names of all the Apple products and the reasoning behind it. All Apple products start with the letter "i".

You mean like the iMacBook Pro?

• Reply 24 of 26
    anthracite wrote: »
    Nice feature.

How long until the first request comes from the NSA for someone's fingerprint information?

You can't derive a fingerprint or any other useful info from the stored hash value that is created when your fingerprint is scanned. An actual image is never stored. When you rescan, a new hash is calculated which is then compared to the stored hash.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

How much is "some", given that this is wrong?

Prefix 'i' was initially primarily for 'Internet'. Suffix 'S' is for 'tock' models of iPhone. Suffix 'C' seems to be for the cheap model of iPhone.

I thought "S"  was originally for "speed" like the 3gs, and then for either "Siri" or "Steve" as in the 4s. 

• Reply 26 of 26
    virtuavirtua Posts: 209member
    Stepping model :)