Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Does the gold improve the sound?

It's less tinny, at any rate.

• Reply 22 of 35
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    gazoobee wrote: »
    Proves yet again that besides being just a horrible human being, Bono still has no taste.  
    The ugliest iPod ever made, and now the tackiest earbuds.  
    Who made you the arbiter of good taste and what is/isn't tacky? :rolleyes:
  • Reply 23 of 35
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Who made you the arbiter of good taste and what is/isn't tacky? image

His twice great grandfather supplied staple food to soldiers in the Civil War, his grandfather had a fishing supply store, his father runs a wood painting operation, and he has a boat.

• Reply 24 of 35
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    They're solid gold earbuds, not coated (if I'm reading this correctly).

Looks more like ghetto gold if anything. I hate to be the victim that gets those ripped out of their ears- YEOUCH!
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Yeah? We have proof of that, do we? Please. Don't accept rumor as fact.

You really... love talking Apple news, don't you?
  • Reply 26 of 35
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Looks more like ghetto gold if anything. I hate to be the victim that gets those ripped out of their ears- YEOUCH!
    My guess is the person buying these will never be wearing them. It's a Sotheby's auction not ebay,
  • Reply 27 of 35
    Ah Jony, I really like you too, just not the band.

Personally I like this picture better, but that's just me.

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/31063/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
  • Reply 28 of 35
    mhiklmhikl Posts: 471member
    Cure for malaria? Sure hope their efforts don't go to that flake, B Gates. His interest is to find a chemical drug to make the loot to fill his pot. Check out Jim Humble at http://miraclemineral.org/ , and the podcast interview with Kim Greenhouse at http://itsrainmakingtime.com/2013/jimhumble/ for the real answer to malaria and many other diseases from a true humanitarian. What clenches the truth behind this discovery of an innocuous substance (in proportion*) is how it is damned on Wikipedia. If it don't fit the agenda of the power class, Wikipedia is always there at beck and command.

*salt in large quantity can kill and it is called a safe substance whilst Borax, which like salt is used to change the influence of water for laundry purposes, is a mineral like any of the five electrolytes and is safe at more than double the amount of salt needed for death. It is being banned around the world- EU, Australia, New Zealand. Dentists definitely do not like boron. Wonder why? :no:
  • Reply 29 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

They're solid gold earbuds, not coated (if I'm reading this correctly).

He said earbud, not earring.

Yikes. You do need a girlfriend. But I am not holding out much hope...

• Reply 30 of 35
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Over excited photogs. directing the subjects for something "different".
  • Reply 31 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Why do they need Jony Ive to coat current earbuds with gold?

The article actually says they are solid rose gold (assuming that excludes the drivers and the wire). Seems like every so often some jeweler ail cover a phone with diamonds and gold or platinum. Doesn't sime practical to me but I guess if you start thinking about whether they are practical you probably can't afford them anyway. (I never have heard of any of the encrusted iPhones or iPods actually selling so it is probably an advertising stunt since typically not for charity).

• Reply 32 of 35
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,325moderator
    philboogie wrote: »
    Personally I like this picture better, but that's just me.

Looks like Ive hasn't replaced his watch with using his iPhone.

The Sotheby's auction is on Nov 23rd so the camera will at least show then, maybe they are keeping some of the designs under wraps until the event:

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/2013/null-n09014.html
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mhikl View Post

Cure for malaria? Sure hope their efforts don't go to that flake, B Gates. His interest is to find a chemical drug to make the loot to fill his pot. Check out Jim Humble at http://miraclemineral.org/ , and the podcast interview with Kim Greenhouse at http://itsrainmakingtime.com/2013/jimhumble/ for the real answer to malaria and many other diseases from a true humanitarian. What clenches the truth behind this discovery of an innocuous substance (in proportion*) is how it is damned on Wikipedia. If it don't fit the agenda of the power class, Wikipedia is always there at beck and command.

*salt in large quantity can kill and it is called a safe substance whilst Borax, which like salt is used to change the influence of water for laundry purposes, is a mineral like any of the five electrolytes and is safe at more than double the amount of salt needed for death. It is being banned around the world- EU, Australia, New Zealand. Dentists definitely do not like boron. Wonder why? image

So your proof that this Humble guy's snake oil actually works is based on the fact that it is refuted in Wikipedia?

• Reply 34 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Whoa, whoa, where's this camera that Jonathan Ive helped design? Need to see that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

What's with Jony's gold fettish lately? That's a rhetorical question. As with 'tallest skill' looking forward to see his take on a Leica, being the photo enthusiast that I am...just hope it isn't gold too!

That was actually announced by Leica a year ago. Leica has also done this sort of *collaboration* with other designers before.

• Reply 35 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadmatic View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nonimus View Post

Marc Newson looks thrilled to be Bono's armrest.

Right?!  Who does that?

Many people, actually. It's a common pose. I'm kind of speechless that you think this is mock-worthy. 

If you look at the three of them, it is kind of obvious Bono is most at ease in front of a camera, even if you didn't know the background of any of the three.