Apple adds new wallpapers, ringtones, & alert tones in iOS 7 GM

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StephanJobs View Post

Alright! Needed some new variety. Hopefully one day they add a custom ringtone maker in the iOS like they did with the vibration feature.

(Yes I know you can make ringtones in GarageBand)

There is nothing preventing third party apps from creating such app. In fact, I am sure there are plenty in the app store.

• Reply 22 of 33
    So the old tones are retained in a "Classic" subcategory, but not the old wallpapers? Seems kinda inconsistent. Oh well, I've saved all the images anyway.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

People keep using words like "spun" and "tilt-a-whirl" when it's hardly appropriate.  They were simply panoramic pictures that you could set as wallpaper like a landscape so that each successive home page used a different section of it.  From what I saw there was nothing "gut wrenching" about it.  

I was really looking forward to it and it's a shame they've removed it (if they have).  

I had a long landscape of Altair 4 done up all ready for use.  :(

I'm afraid you're wrong. The panorama wallpapers didn't display a different page of the image as you slide though the home pages.

As long as you held the phone still, the background image would stay the same on all home pages. If you moved the phone physically to the left or right (or if you spun your body in a circle), then the panorama would slide as if it were staying in place whilst you moved.

This video may help to demonstrate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REq8akbGkXA

I also found it a bit disorientating.

• Reply 24 of 33
    I'm afraid you're wrong. The panorama wallpapers didn't display a different page of the image as you slide though the home pages.

As long as you held the phone still, the background image would stay the same on all home pages. If you moved the phone physically to the left or right (or if you spun your body in a circle), then the panorama would slide as if it were staying in place whilst you moved.

This video may help to demonstrate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REq8akbGkXA

I also found it a bit disorientating.

I wish it was still an option.

Makes better use of the parallax effect than a standard picture.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spamilton1 View Post

The new locking "click" is very reverberant

Click what click... oh wait, those silly key click or button clicking sounds... sorry, that has been the first thing turned off since my first gen iPhone. Can't stand the clicks when doing anything, even taking a picture. I'll prob go through all the new sounds when I upgrade my iOS, but I have all custom sounds for all my contacts and such, so not used default sounds in years.

• Reply 26 of 33
    The panorama feature is not gone. It is still there. It does not show up unless you actually take a panorama with the phone otherwise iphone crops the panorama and it shows up as a still
  • Reply 27 of 33
    djd214 wrote: »
    The panorama feature is not gone. It is still there. It does not show up unless you actually take a panorama with the phone otherwise iphone crops the panorama and it shows up as a still

Thanks! That's awesome!

Could you possibly post a demo of it here?
  • Reply 28 of 33
    I can not. I will not put that hideous looking interface on my phone. It shouldn't be GM until they actually design the icons and get rid of the neon color palette.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    If someone is still looking for the iOS 7 Golden Master edition for developers, here we are:

iPhone 5 Model A1429 Europa & Germany

iPhone 5 Model A1428 US Modell

iPhone 4s

iphone 4 rev A

iphone 4

• Reply 30 of 33

You can check out the performance of your iPhone using animated panoramic wallpapers by going to this link panoramico.audiko.com You don't have to be the user of iOS 7 to see how it will perform on your iPhone. ;)

• Reply 31 of 33
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    What's with the skeuomorphic thought behind iTunes Radio? It's not a radio.
  • Reply 32 of 33

I updated my iPhone 5 to IOS7 before it was released to the public, as a developer friend was able to add my phone's ID number to his account. Since the update has been released to the public, I am yet to see any new wallpapers, ringtones or alert tones, and I am not able to do a fresh update. I also have an iPad which I waited until public release to update and this has all of the new features. Does anyone know what I should do? :/

HELP!

• Reply 33 of 33
    Originally Posted by daniellejwx View Post

Does anyone know what I should do? :/

Obviously don’t install prerelease software when you’re not entitled to it.

Just direct download iOS 7, go to iTunes, and click “Restore” while holding Option (unless you’re on a PC, then Shift). Find the file you just downloaded and let iTunes restore it manually.