Apple's new 'space gray' color option shown off in iPod nano video

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And my full apologies to you, then; I'm not big on caffeine, so I ought to wait a bit longer before reading posts after waking.

Fair enough.

• Reply 22 of 29
    Top o' the morning, all! :)
  • Reply 23 of 29

I'm loving this color. When I got my iPhone 5, I just wasn't feeling the black color on the aluminium for it so I went with white for the first time. I have a black iPod 7th gen and this color looks far, far better. However I did lighten the black to something close to this with a frosted case.

Either way it is an excellent choice.

• Reply 24 of 29
    Most significantly the new color means that these devices will not get a hardware upgrade this year. There is no way that Apple would release a new color and then release a hardware upgrade. Apple currently has a two year refresh on iPods. Next year we will get an A6 or (hopefully) A7 iPod touch upgrade and an iPod Nano redesign.
  • Reply 25 of 29

I'll miss the iPhone 5 Black. 

But the Space Gray appears to have its charms as well.

This is often the situation in which I find myself when it comes to Apple, though: I'll miss something they've decided to change, but then when I finally start using the new design/feature/process that is in line with their vision, I end up liking it, often preferring it to what I was originally sorry to see changed or removed. 

*shrugs*

• Reply 26 of 29
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    I just finished comparing it to the Nano 5 gen graphite and it is exactly the same except that is matte. Very nice.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GrangerFX View Post

Most significantly the new color means that these devices will not get a hardware upgrade this year. There is no way that Apple would release a new color and then release a hardware upgrade. Apple currently has a two year refresh on iPods. Next year we will get an A6 or (hopefully) A7 iPod touch upgrade and an iPod Nano redesign.

While I don't mind that with the iPod Nano and Shuffle (though the Shuffle should get the better headphones by now) they really should at a minimum do a software feature update for the Nano like they did for 6th gen. If the Nano update reflected the style of iOS7 that would be pretty cool. Also the Touch should be bumped. The internals match the 4S and should be bumped.

Apple makes great products but they can't retain a premium brand if they are nickle and diming in every possible manner. They can do small upgrades that really can't possibly cost them money at this stage but enhance the value proposition.

iPod Nano should get headphones with new design that have the microphone. This omission was noted as a negative across all the prior reviews. They clearly already buy the headphones in volume. The cost has to be minimal. The iPod shuffle should get at least the same level of headphones as well. It unifies purchasing and the extra volume has to help drive down costs.

The Nano should get a software revision with updated icons, wallpapers and sounds. The cost on this has to be minimal but keeps it fresh in the minds of the public.

• Reply 28 of 29
    rot'napple wrote: »
    Don't like Space Gray as name for color choice, let's call it Dark Matter! </s>

I suppose then, that the color of the Blackberry Z10 will be "Black Hole." Microsoft is changing the color of their new Surface 2 to "Bottomless Pit."
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Is this color much different from normal black or grey or is it just a special name?