iPhone 5c cases already showing up for some pre-order customers

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Ahead of this week's launch of the iPhone 5c, some customers who pre-ordered the device are finding that their colorful phone covers are arriving just a bit ahead of time.

Apple's silicon-rubber iPhone 5c cases are an integral part in how the company is marketing the lower-cost model, and iLounge reports that some customers are already seeing pre-ordered cases arriving. Apple has been heavily pushing the first-party covers as a way of allowing users to further differentiate their colorful new iPhones.

The 5c case retails for $29 on Apple's site. Its design allows for easy access to all of the iPhone 5c's controls, including the sleep/wake button and volume buttons. The main feature of the case is an essentially polka-dotted section that allows the color of the actual iPhone 5c unit to show through. In total, there are 30 possible phone-cover color combinations.

iPhone 5c cases are now showing a shipping lead time of 1-2 weeks on the U.S. Apple Store. The iPhone 5c, along with the iPhone 5s, will launch on Sept. 20.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Is this much news that a $30 (or so) case ships quicker than its $550 phone?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    well it got you to click on it didnt it?

Ad Revenue
  • Reply 3 of 12
    normmnormm Posts: 653member
    The cases are silicone rubber, not silicon. I have a friend who would often talk about silicone valley, which made me smile.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    justp1ayin wrote: »
    well it got you to click on it didnt it?

Ad Revenue

I saw the word 'cases' too late. I had already clicked on it. Oh well, whatever it takes to keep AI going.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    normm wrote: »
    The cases are silicone rubber, not silicon. I have a friend who would often talk about silicone valley, which made me smile.
    That's Hollywood.

How can the MSM spin this: 5C cases more popular than the 5C.

It doesn't have to make sense but get page views.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    normm wrote: »

Best place for motorboating.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    It should be called the "hon" case.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Did they come with Hello Kitty Stickers... Squeeeeeeee!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    I never saw these cases in any rumors prior to release. At least Apple kept the cases under wraps.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    connector wrote: »

Believe it or not, there will be other cases available if you do not like these. However I do not see many Nexus 4 cases in UK shops.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    crosslad wrote: »
    Believe it or not, there will be other cases available if you do not like these. However I do not see many Nexus 4 cases in UK shops.

That's because Android is open and the users can create their own cases. /s
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by connector View Post

Who really cares? Do people really routinely stare at the back of their phones?

Talk about a first-world problem...