Worldwide iPhone 5s and 5c sales kick off at Australian Apple Stores [updated with video]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

A reporter came along the line, doing an informal poll.

The first 5C was 60 back, I was 59th.

I've seen a few tech polls and the 5S was chosen a helluva lot more than the 5C... which, in my mind, is to be expected. I've heard so many people say that they would love to have the gold iPhone.

• Reply 22 of 38
    I've seen a few tech polls and the 5S was chosen a helluva lot more than the 5C... which, in my mind, is to be expected. I've heard so many people say that they would love to have the gold iPhone.

Especially considering people could pre order the 5C
  • Reply 23 of 38
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Here are some photo's I took with the 5S camera.

Unretouched HDR on.

• Reply 24 of 38
    jccjcc Posts: 326member
    That's because Apple saved almost all of their gold version for China and perhaps Japan. Maybe even the U.S. God knows people here need their BLING!
  • Reply 25 of 38

So beautiful. 

• Reply 26 of 38
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Sticking with iOS 6 on iPhone 5 until those animations are speeded up. They look fancy, but I want to use my phone as a tool, you know?

Interestingly, the slower animations are more bearable on iPad. I guess that has to do with the screen size and the more leisure based use of that device. The methodology of the animations does feel wonderful on iPad though. As in, like an amazing 'experience'.

The scrolling animations of the bubbles in iMessage on both iPhone and iPad totally bug the crap out of me. If anything as time goes on it annoys me more and more, and on iPhone especially the way the bubbles are lighter in colour as they move up the screen is, I find, more of a distraction than a help. It's sort of similar to the way Gruber found the use of [B]bold[/B] font for the safe-choice contextual option to make all the options including that one less clear.
  • Reply 27 of 38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I've seen a few tech polls and the 5S was chosen a helluva lot more than the 5C.

Do people who chose the C fill out tech polls? Mostly no, I would say.

• Reply 28 of 38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Sticking with iOS 6 on iPhone 5 until those animations are speeded up. They look fancy, but I want to use my phone as a tool, you know?

Interestingly, the slower animations are more bearable on iPad. I guess that has to do with the screen size and the more leisure based use of that device. The methodology of the animations does feel wonderful on iPad though. As in, like an amazing 'experience'.

The scrolling animations of the bubbles in iMessage on both iPhone and iPad totally bug the crap out of me. If anything as time goes on it annoys me more and more, and on iPhone especially the way the bubbles are lighter in colour as they move up the screen is, I find, more of a distraction than a help. It's sort of similar to the way Gruber found the use of bold font for the safe-choice contextual option to make all the options including that one less clear.

What animation u talking about? The one were the lock screen translates to the home screen, with icons rushing in from corners?

It appears very smooth on my iPhone 5.
  • Reply 29 of 38
    ireland wrote: »

The scrolling animations of the bubbles in iMessage on both iPhone and iPad totally bug the crap out of me. If anything as time goes on it annoys me more and more, and on iPhone especially the way the bubbles are lighter in colour as they move up the screen is, I find, more of a distraction than a help. It's sort of similar to the way Gruber found the use of bold font for the safe-choice contextual option to make all the options including that one less clear.

Cool. No one's stopping you. You're happy. iOS7 customers are happy. What's not to like?
  • Reply 30 of 38
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aignaes View Post

remember when first report/rumor of a Gold iPhone surfaced online? People were making fun of the color!

It's not gold, though, per se.

• Reply 31 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Do people who chose the C fill out tech polls? Mostly no, I would say.

I guess they also don't get into line-ups.

• Reply 32 of 38
    hentaiboy wrote: »
    That's not me. Just a screen grab from video above.

I never realised killer guard dogs were allowed in our stores :wow:

That's how get the iPhone you requested very politely handed to you... no BS about getting it shipped to you "later."
  • Reply 33 of 38
    nikilok wrote: »
    What animation u talking about? The one were the lock screen translates to the home screen, with icons rushing in from corners?
    It appears very smooth on my iPhone 5.

I find I'm having a great experience with iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. My current generation iPad seems zippier with iOS 7.

Is there an option to set somewhere for a wider screen choice on the iPhone or Ipad? I can't find such a thing. Also I have a choice on my iPad for male or female Siri voice, but not for the better female voice. Just male or female..?? WTF, I wanted a more natural voice.
  • Reply 34 of 38
    dreyfus2dreyfus2 Posts: 1,072member

Hm, does anybody who has been to a store have a rough idea about 5c demand there? (Just curios, nothing scientific.)

A lot of family, friends and colleagues have ordered today, and among them (including kids) the demand for the 5c is exactly zero. And this includes a wild mix of people (from engineers and doctors to teachers and social workers to mailmen and factory workers, aged 17 through 84).

Have you seen any demand in stores?

• Reply 36 of 38
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member

Samesung should have a field day mocking all those happy people! Did I say happy people, as in happy with their new iPhone 5S/C, purchased after waiting in line? Funny the things that desperate Sammy chooses to mock.

• Reply 37 of 38
    Android user there, on the left, getting tired of viruses:

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/31910/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
  • Reply 38 of 38
    He’s obviously blind.

I went to the mall in Frisco, Texas. When I get in the building in line, I saw two Frisco Police officers and one of 'em have K-9 German Shepherd. So that could be the reason that pic above show this dog. :)