Rumor: World's largest carrier China Mobile begins producing advertising collateral for iPhone 5c, 5

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    slurpy wrote: »
    Yeah.. I'm gonna go on record right now and say they will produce a larger screened phone next year. The 6S, to be precise. Feel free to call me an idiot, a moron, ridiculous, and how Apple would never do such an atrocious thing.

I won't call you any of those things, but it makes sense that 2014 will see release of an iPhone 6, not an iPhone 6S. The iPhone 6S would be 2015.

But will Apple release an additional larger screened iPhone next year in 2014? Probably. I'm guessing 4.6". I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the 4" model remain the most popular new iPhone model in terms of sales numbers when a larger iPhone is an option.
  • Reply 22 of 39
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    Quote:

The flagship iPhone 5s, featuring Apple's updated A7 processor, new Touch ID biometric security, and redesigned camera -- along with the mid-range iPhone 5c with its new, colorful polycarbonate shell -- have amassed record-breaking sales numbers in their first weekend of availability.

The 5S not the 5C has amassed record-breaking sales, I've read there are indications that around 3.5 out of the 9 million iPhone sales over the weekend were 5C channel fill. People don't seem to be going for the mid-tier model. The 5S on the other hand is a huge hit, as we all know. If this turns out to be correct, it seems that if Apple had stuck to its usual routine of upgraded flagship model and last year's flagship at a lower price, the current sales success would be the same, with the development of the newish (re-bodied 5) 5C seemingly unnecessary. I still don't get the point of the 5C, maybe it'll become clearer over the coming months...

• Reply 23 of 39
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1983 View Post

The 5S not the 5C has amassed record-breaking sales, I've read there are indications that around 3.5 out of the 9 million iPhone sales over the weekend were 5C channel fill. People don't seem to be going for the mid-tier model. The 5S on the other hand is a huge hit, as we all know. If this turns out to be correct, it seems that if Apple had stuck to its usual routine of upgraded flagship model and last year's flagship at a lower price, the current sales success would be the same, with the development of the newish (re-bodied 5) 5C seemingly unnecessary. I still don't get the point of the 5C, maybe it'll become clearer over the coming months...

"Channel fill" from the verysame people who were complaining last week of "grotesquely" understocked carriers?

Pull the other one.

The 5c? Well the "old" 5 doesn't have the China Mobile compatible radios the 5c has for one thing. Then the 5c design is for a different market segment and that segment wouldn't be the ones waiting up until the clock strikes midnight to order a phone...
  • Reply 24 of 39
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    ireland wrote: »

Saying that was written by a moron is an insult to morons.
  • Reply 25 of 39
    Zero taste, just like the rest of Chinese advertising.

At least it’s another 300,000,000 sold for Apple.

Yeah, they’ll never be “forced” to make one, anyway. Because they don’t want to. Because it’s a terrible idea.

Some think it's a good idea, some don't.

How many times have you pulled someone up for saying they know what Apple thinks when obviously they're just some guy with an opinion.

Like you.

How about we reword that "Because I think they don't want to. Because I think it's a terrible idea."

Not too painful? Doesn't make it sound as definite and forceful, but are you not happy just backing what you think?

Might avoid a few arguments too?
  • Reply 26 of 39
    iron man wrote: »
    Some think it's a good idea, some don't.

How many times have you pulled someone up for saying they know what Apple thinks when obviously they're just some guy with an opinion.

Like you.

How about we reword that "Because I think they don't want to. Because I think it's a terrible idea."

Not too painful? Doesn't make it sound as definite and forceful, but are you not happy just backing what you think?

Might avoid a few arguments too?

With TS you have to learn to add the I think in, that's what he means really.
  • Reply 27 of 39
    Originally Posted by iRon man View Post
    How about we reword that

How about you take a look at Apple’s lineup instead? Or maybe you’re pretending that Apple is somehow physically incapable of creating such a device and that it’s nothing more than an “aspiration” to them. Maybe you can use something other than what I’ve said to explain why Apple hasn’t made one already, since “everyone wants them”.

• Reply 28 of 39
    How about you take a look at Apple’s lineup instead?

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.

From memory (correct me if I'm wrong) they don't have a bigger screen iPhone yet. Am I missing something?

They also didn't list anything else before it was announced - every single iPhone, iPad, iPad mini etc.

In 1980 none of the current products were on any website anywhere either. I don't really understand where you're coming from here.
    Or maybe you’re pretending that Apple is somehow physically incapable of creating such a device and that it’s nothing more than an “aspiration” to them.

Aye? You confuse me with another member who recently said that. I can't remember if I replied to that questioning his dodgy logic.

Maybe you can use something other than what I’ve said to explain why Apple hasn’t made one already, since “everyone wants them”.

Ok!

Firstly, I want to acknowledge that you've now turned the spotlight off yourself by asking me to explain why they haven't made one, rather than acknowledge that you are only writing your opinion, which you also cannot prove.

Also, you've also changed the wording of the original member to an absolute "everyone wants them" rather than his "pent up demand for them". One of the most common tactics to start an argument and divert attention away from specific issues is by jumping to absolutes... :o) (never,always,everyone,no one).

And finally, you haven't acknowledged any points I made in my previous post to you, or reasoned against them.

[Edit: One more just for fun]

And one more thing... When you say "Maybe you can use something other than what I’ve said to explain why..." it seems like you're implying that I've either used something you've said to argue a point already, or am about to. All I've done is suggest you acknowledge it's your opinion, rather that say it as a fact.

But, I'm not a member here to argue, I enjoy taking part in these discussions.

So...
    Maybe you can use something other than what I’ve said to explain why Apple hasn’t made one already, since “everyone wants them”.

1. There's a lot of stuff they don't announce before they decide they're ready to. (Eg. Pretty much everything)

2. Many articles and comments on them have pondered ideas about how it would effect apps, screen resolutions etc.

I think that would likely be one of the biggest hold ups - that and maybe waiting to see if it's just a trend, or if it's an area they see a benefit and a profit in.

3. Apple CEO Tim Cook
    "My view continues to be that iPhone 5 has the best display in the industry. We always strive to create the very best display. Some customers value large screen size. Others value other factors such as resolution, color quality, white balance, reflectivity, power consumption, compatibility of apps, and portability. Our competitors have made some significant tradeoffs in many of these areas to ship a larger display. We would not ship a larger display iPhone while these tradeoffs exist."

Hmmm. So if I understand you interpretation of that correctly, he's saying "Because we don’t want to. Because it’s a terrible idea."

4. Who says they haven't made one already. Been some rumours that they have. Is the normal sort of thing companies experiment with. But at the end of the day, until it's released, neither of us know squat.

Hey, I'm not saying you're wrong. They may never make a bigger screen phone. Or else they will. Either one.

Until they announce anything it's just our opinions.

You're not the only one with your opinion, I'm not the only one with mine.

Nothing mysterious here. .

(EDITS: Just fixing some dodgy HTML thingy's and correcting some grammar, edit a couple of bits while most of you sleep)
  • Reply 29 of 39
    With TS you have to learn to add the I think in, that's what he means really.

Yeah, I know. :o)

There's a subtle art in starting arguments, and I'm happy to call someone out if they seem to be doing that rather than contributing to the discussion.
  • Reply 30 of 39
    This was probably the main goal of the iPhone 5C, I wonder if china mobile will offer it free?
  • Reply 31 of 39

From memory (correct me if I'm wrong) they don't have a bigger screen iPhone yet. Am I missing something?

——————————————> The point

Your head

Also, you've also changed the wording of the original member to an absolute "everyone wants them" rather than his "pent up demand for them". One of the most common tactics to start an argument and divert attention away from specific issues is by jumping to absolutes... :o) (never,always,everyone,no one).

Nah. You see claims across that entire gamut. The extremes aren’t the point here; the fact that it continues not to exist is.

And finally, you haven't acknowledged any points I made in my previous post to you, or reasoned against them.

Because I’m done with fools who have no intention of being corrected. Eventually you just walk away from an argument and hope the building is bombed.

4. Who says they haven't made one already.

Of course they have. They’d be complete fools to hold this position and not to have done so. That they have, that it didn’t work, and that they chose to not make crap tells us all we need to know about said devices.

• Reply 32 of 39
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    Is this China Mobile's usual standard of advertising? Because to me it looks like a lash-up...and a pretty amateur one at that. If they were planning a splash release of iPhones, wouldn't they use a bit more professionalism?
  • Reply 33 of 39
    ——————————————> The point

Let's be crystal clear here.
    My point = you're not owning your opinion and seem to be implying its Apples opinion you are voicing.

Your point seems to be that a bigger screen iPhone will never exist because it doesn't already exist?

You're making a lot of leaps from stuff we both know, to what you believe it means - then turning round and asking me to back up what I think

I'm happy to do that, but if you don't actually want to discuss that then what are you hoping to achieve here?

Every post I'm putting the same thing that you don't seem to want to address:

That neither you or I have anything more than educated guesses of what may be released or not. Neither of us can prove anything here.

I'm happy to discuss why I think the way I do, and I'm happy to hear why you do.
  • Reply 34 of 39
    …a bigger screen iPhone will never exist because it doesn’t already exist?

This sentence doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Combine it with what you’ve said and you get the full picture. 

• Reply 35 of 39
    iron man wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. :o)

There's a subtle art in starting arguments, and I'm happy to call someone out if they seem to be doing that rather than contributing to the discussion.

For sure. Carry on the good work :)
  • Reply 36 of 39
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member
    Quote:

Let's be crystal clear here.

My point = you're not owning your opinion and seem to be implying its Apples opinion you are voicing.

You could have stopped there since you nailed it. He thinks he is the voice of Apple in all things. Anyone's opinion that differs from his on any  issue is therefore an anti-Apple troll since he is the Oracle of Cupertino. (At least in his own mind) Don't bother trying to have an actual debate or discussion since all you will get are snarky one line comments. 

• Reply 37 of 39
    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
    Don't bother trying to have an actual debate or discussion since all you will get are snarky one line comments. 

That’s what she said.

• Reply 38 of 39
    gwmac wrote: »
     You could have stopped there since you nailed it. He thinks he is the voice of Apple in all things. Anyone's opinion that differs from his on any  issue is therefore an anti-Apple troll since he is the Oracle of Cupertino. (At least in his own mind) Don't bother trying to have an actual debate or discussion since all you will get are snarky one line comments. 

He does have some good opinions and makes a lot of posts, so I don't mind chatting.

I'm a fairly patient and calm sorta guy, so I'm ok to point out what seems like diversion tactics and keep to a topic.
  • Reply 39 of 39
    This sentence doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Combine it with <span style="line-height:1.4em;">what</span>
    <em style="line-height:1.4em;">you’ve</em>
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">said and you get the full picture. </span>

Ok, I'm trying to understand your point of view, but I'll need more clarification.

What doesn't make sense to me is where you make the leap from "they haven't chose to make one yet", to "they never will."

Also, Are we able to agree yet that we're only discussing opinions here and not facts?

Until next years, or the year afters iPhone announcement neither if us can say we know better than the other.

Is the real issue here "how many years without releasing a bigger screen does it take before it becomes obvious they never will"?

You obviously think we've passed that marker?