Apple TV software returns one day after being pulled

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    ajbdtc826 wrote: »
    So much for "it just works", I haven't seen so many QC issues from Apple as it seems there have been the past year or so. I still prefer Apple over anyone else but this stuff is getting ridiculous. Every update it seems just brings out a new problem.

On that topic, my iPad 3 started to drain its battery like crazy, and iTunes Radio did not show up, after the iOS 7 update. But a reset (holding down both the on/off button and home button until the Apple icon shows up) helped with both. iPad 3 does not do AirDrop, however.

As an aside, anyone notice that new Apple restart logo in iOS has lost its shiny curved line? Totally flat now.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,817member
    On that topic, my iPad 3 started to drain its battery like crazy, and iTunes Radio did not show up, after the iOS 7 update. But a reset (holding down both the on/off button and home button until the Apple icon shows up) helped with both. iPad 3 does not do AirDrop, however.

As an aside, anyone notice that new Apple restart logo in iOS has lost its shiny curved line? Totally flat now.

Another wee tip that might help some ... anyone running an iPad 2 or iPhone 4S, try reducing the number of items being indexed by Spotlight. After going to 7 an iPad 2 I have was very slow at typing anything until I did the above, same with a 4S.
  • Reply 43 of 48

I wonder what the issue will turn out to have been. I have a 2nd Gen Apple TV and although the update was unusually slow, I didn't experience any problems with it after it was finished installing.

• Reply 44 of 48

I just spoke to two agents who told me touch luck (in nicer Apple terms) and I said I was reporting this to the news and I am taking names and details.  I asked for agents ID and then asked for customer service.  They put me through and suddenly Apple became Apple Pie!!!!  She buttered me up, put me on hold and then shipped me the damn cable!!!!  My basic story was that I was required to fix something Apple broke with cables I don't have.  PS. I am out of Apple warranty too on my Apple TV.  Hope this helps someone else who lives too far away from a store or doesn't feel they should get the one cable they will never use again.  Plus.... hello Apple...... I don't have cable TV by choice.  I choose to send all my money through your iTunes store.  So..... when you break the tool I use to do that, it might be in your best interest to get that repaired on your dime!!   Jeapers!

• Reply 45 of 48
    bdkennedy wrote: »

Excellent point ¡
  • Reply 46 of 48
    habihabi Posts: 317member

anantksundaram , Just out of curiousness what would you do with Airdropish  anyway as it really isnt "airdrop" and has nothing in common. What a waste of space that is really. Apple Fucked it up real good (probably another politics descision)...

• Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo View Post

So what do you do if your AppleTV was bricked? Mine was fine but I have friends who had theirs bricked. Do they need a mini-USB cable to plug into iTunes and do a restore or something? I have a feeling there will be a LOT of genius appointment as a result of this screw up.

I updated on day 1 and one of my AppleTVs failed to boot after the update.  (The light kept flashing.)

You need a micro USB cable to connect it to your computer, not a mini USB.

Also disconnect any other USB devices except your keyboard / mouse during the process.

Connect to iTunes and update takes a few minutes and then it's as good as new.