iOS 7 feature focus: Getting a hold on Apple's Control & Notification centers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22

I think its a great addition. The flashlight is great there. I wish buttons like wifi also had a shortcut to the full settings page instead of just on/off.

• Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by InteliusQ View Post

Control Center is focused on systems relative to the direct physical operation of the phone (via virtual toggle switches) independent of applications.

The only thing missing would be related to power management.

What else would you need to add to Control Center (relative to its functional focus) that would require customization?

Sometimes less is more; and more is less.

In response to the article, as logical as it would seem to access Settings from within Control Center, to do so from the Lock Screen would present a Major Security Hole.

Apple was wise to not enable the user to access Settings from within Control Center.

I have the misfortune to use Vodafone in the UK which has an appalling 3G network, most of the time I have to turn it off to save battery and avoid phone calls being dropped however when I need data I toggle it on.

I also use VPN quite often so would like that to be in control center rather than 3 menus deep.

I don't use calculator that often, I'd rather have weather.

Unlike others who have commented, I use airplane mode every day so I wouldn't want that to go away.

The point is everyone is different and a few customisations can go a long way to improve the usability of the product.