Apple continues building out its iOS GPU development team in Orlando

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    1) I did not even come close to saying, please read again. 

2) " (I know they can be set to download to all devices.)" You just nullified  your own argument. 

1. I read again and still don't understand why you want an Apple TV App Store. Please enlighten?
    2. An Apple TV AppStore would mean apps are downloaded to the Apple TV. While I don't mind iPhone and iPad apps downloading to each device the Apple TV is different. Gaming apps can be quite large thus auto downloading to each Apple TV would require more memory in each Apple TV and/or selective deletion.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by APPLGUY View Post

1. I read again and still don't understand why you want an Apple TV App Store. Please enlighten?

2. An Apple TV AppStore would mean apps are downloaded to the Apple TV. While I don't mind iPhone and iPad apps downloading to each device the Apple TV is different. Gaming apps can be quite large thus auto downloading to each Apple TV would require more memory in each Apple TV and/or selective deletion.

1. Simply the ability to DL games directly to your Apple TV. I'm sure other apps could come into play, but games being the biggest gain. 

2. And? So your Apple TV will come in different storage sizes. 

Do I need to outline the advantages of games on Apple TV? 

• Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by APPLGUY View Post

What do you think is a good Apple TV App? And please don't say games.

I have 4 Apple TV's and couldn't imagine having to know what App is installed on which one and limited to using that Apple TV. Currently Airplay works great for everything from mirroring to second screen from a Mac to anyone of my ATV's.

The best game for Apple TV is Chopper 2 as you can use a iPhone as the controller. The games main screen can be air played from the iPad or Mac.

If you own multiple Rokus, it seems when you sign on to each Roku the channels (including games) are replicated for each because you have to register them all and I suppose they're all intelligently updated on their own.  Apple could implement the same type of procedure so you wouldn't have to keep track on your own.

• Reply 24 of 29
    bigmac2bigmac2 Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nonimus View Post

I'm really surprised to see that Apple wants to do custom GPUs.

It's too bad they give the iPod Touch a two year old SoC.

If gaming is an important part of the iOS platform why not update the SoC every year for the iPod Touch, instead of every TWO years?

At the current rate the iPod Touch won't see the A7 until 2016.

With the iPhone and the iPad mini, who bought the iPod Touch anymore?

• Reply 25 of 29
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Politics, please stay in PO.

• Reply 26 of 29
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    quinney wrote: »

I'm, sure hoping they are working on plans for a long dike all around the edge … I'm at 22' so on a mountain here in FL … :\
  • Reply 27 of 29
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    LOL oh, global warming FUD!! 

This just in today... 

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/09/30/un-climate-change-models-warming/ 

This is a UN report, which normally I would not even look at, however, being as they are huge climate change advocates, and they say there has been a pause in global warming for years, I was curious. 

Also, weather patterns are patters. Some are local, national, global, that change daily, monthly, seasonally. Any climate change is due to the normal cyclical patters and sun flairs. 

This is a non political comment by me I assure you but your use of the word 'advocates' is weird. Scientists don't 'advocate' things they research and report their findings,.

Moving on ….
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

This is a non political comment by me I assure you but your use of the word 'advocates' is weird. Scientists don't 'advocate' things they research and report their findings,.

Moving on ….

Wow, where have you been? Scientist advocate all the time and for many things, not just political. Or don't you know that science has a way of proving things that are profitable? Non-political; look at pharmaceuticals, where many drugs are 'scientifically' proven safe until they are not. 

The global warming scare is just to tax via cap and trade, to distribute wealth as far and wide as possible, and to penalize companies they don't like. Yet, more and more science is proving their science wrong, and has been for years. 

Does the globe warm? A degree or so perhaps. Is this cyclical? I believe so, but we have not been charting this long enough to see the full cycle, if we ever will. Just like back in the day, science thought all weather was local, until they discovered it was not. 

We are now discovering the possibility of light traveling faster than 'the speed of light', which only goes to show that we only know what we know and that creation has so much more to show us. 

If the global warming alarmist are so interested in carbon footprints, why don't they create a think tank + developing lab that will solution cleaner energy for everyone? Where are they with solar? Have they, the left, solutioned new solar tech that is 75% - 85% or higher efficiencies? No, they just want to sell carbon credits! How stupid as that does NOTHING to reduce, but only to redistribute!  

• Reply 29 of 29
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member

Moving on ….

A good scientist might aspire to do that. However politics is a bitch, sometimes you have to keep the money flowing in your direction or look for a real job. You can't deny that the leftist elements gave grab ahold of and championed the idea of man made global warming to gain political power. That might have been a good thing if there was a basis in fact, but the research is corrupt with the aim to be misleading and at times out right lies. It just isn't possible to delivery the forcasts made with any significant level of confidence.