Apple's New iPhone 5c print ads focus on color

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I've already seen numerous 5Cs in the wild. Primarily the white model though.

Your username reminds me of something ...

I bought the first MacBook, and spent the extra $100 premium just to get in black (OK I justified it for the larger hard drive and RAM, but still paid more for the same configuration in stock white). Many people paid that black premium.

So why not offer a black model for less than the colors? Charge a premium for the choice of color and help make the phone more affordable with an obvious sacrifice. 

Frankly, I'm not surprised white is selling best. Those colors are not very appealing. Especially Pepto Bismal pink. People don't want to get saddled with a color they don't love. My mom loves blue, but she would hate the color blue used on the 5c. Yellow is about the only color that seems universally acceptable to most yellow lovers. If someone were going to put the phone in a case anyway, I don't see a particular color being sold out stopping a sale. But otherwise, what happens, they go to another store and try to get the color they want, or do they just buy a Droid? -- Speaking of which, a friend was showing off his Nokia Windows phone and after showing off its "cool" features, admitted he made a mistake as it has no apps, but it was cheap and available in his favorite color choice, though that aspect was concealed in a black case.

• Reply 22 of 23
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    I like the colors- and the phone feels great. Outside of cost, obviously- I'm curious why they picked plastic instead of the colored aluminum like that of the iPod touch. I still think that's the best engineered device they've had in the last 5 years. The iPod touch is gorgeous, and ridiculously light and thin.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    blackbookblackbook Posts: 1,361member
    mac_128 wrote: »
    Your username reminds me of something ...

I bought the first MacBook, and spent the extra $100 premium just to get in black (OK I justified it for the larger hard drive and RAM, but still paid more for the same configuration in stock white). Many people paid that black premium.

So why not offer a black model for less than the colors? Charge a premium for the choice of color and help make the phone more affordable with an obvious sacrifice. 

Frankly, I'm not surprised white is selling best. Those colors are not very appealing. Especially Pepto Bismal pink. People don't want to get saddled with a color they don't love. My mom loves blue, but she would hate the color blue used on the 5c. Yellow is about the only color that seems universally acceptable to most yellow lovers. If someone were going to put the phone in a case anyway, I don't see a particular color being sold out stopping a sale. But otherwise, what happens, they go to another store and try to get the color they want, or do they just buy a Droid? -- Speaking of which, a friend was showing off his Nokia Windows phone and after showing off its "cool" features, admitted he made a mistake as it has no apps, but it was cheap and available in his favorite color choice, though that aspect was concealed in a black case.

I loved my black MacBook before I upgraded to the Pro.

I paid the $100 color premium just to be different because at the time it seemed EVERYONE was buying white MacBooks.

Anyway I asked a girl who had bought the white 5C, why she chose white and she said, she actually wanted blue or pink but both were sold out. She settled for the white instead and bought a blue and pink Apple case.

andysol wrote: »
    I like the colors- and the phone feels great. Outside of cost, obviously- I'm curious why they picked plastic instead of the colored aluminum like that of the iPod touch. I still think that's the best engineered device they've had in the last 5 years. The iPod touch is gorgeous, and ridiculously light and thin.

Agreed.