Samsung ad gets applause for copying Apple?s iPhone spot from 2007

Comments

• Reply 21 of 100

Sue ‘em. Don’t care why.

• Reply 22 of 100

Speaking of copying, or rather copyright, I wonder how much time it took to obtain the rights to reuse all of those clips.

• Reply 23 of 100
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member
    wardc wrote: »
    I think Samsung both wants to gain a huge chunk of the smart watch marketshare as well as take away from the massive WOW factor when Apple finally releases their product, which may not come out for another year.

Yeah, except it won't do that. In fact the gear is so crappy it will make any watch Apple releases (if they do) look far better by comparison. Like the MS Slate nonsense, they tried to enter the market before Apple defined it for them.
  • Reply 24 of 100
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    Speaking of copying, or rather copyright, I wonder how much time it took to obtain the rights to reuse all of those clips.

We first have to assume Samsung took the time to obtain rights for all those clips. That's a pretty hard to accept without question* considering Samsung's history.

* What's the appropriate Latn? Sine dubitatione or irrefragabiliter?
  • Reply 25 of 100
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by akqies View Post

PS: I thought Samsung wasn' going to push this watch. I thought it was just a shipping proof-of-concept for the few idiots that would buy it. This ad says otherwise.

The one thing the ad does not make very clear is that their watch only works with the Note 3 at this time. Sure, there's the tiny print at the end of the ad but I can see people buying this thing only to find out they can't use it with their S3s or S4s.

• Reply 26 of 100
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,594member
    lkrupp wrote: »
    The one thing the ad does not make very clear is that their watch only works with the Note 3 at this time. Sure, there's the tiny print at the end of the ad but I can see people buying this thing only to find out they can't use it with their S3s or S4s.

Word is that Android 4.3x will roll out to S3's and S4's sometime in the next week or two, enabling those devices with Sammy's watch too. We'll see if it happens.
  • Reply 27 of 100
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

What's an Obama PacMan? :err:

Anyway, this Samsung ad is truly pathetic, and I would expect no less from a bunch of talentless hacks, serial copycats and criminals. Fandroids absolutely disgust me and I equate Android as being worse than garbage. 

And that watch of theirs is a big joke, it's butt ugly, it's getting slammed in all reviews, and it's not going to sell well.

• Reply 28 of 100
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member

1) Did they obtain the rights?

2) And why is there a camera on the phone when carrying a Note 3 is mandatory?

Don't answer those; time will tell.
  • Reply 29 of 100
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    What do u expect from a company run by a crook!

Steal , copy, bribe, mislead
  • Reply 30 of 100
    akqiesakqies Posts: 768member
    philboogie wrote: »
    1) Did they obtain the rights?

2) And why is there a camera on the phone when carrying a Note 3 is mandatory?

Don't answer those; time will tell.

Number 2 I can answer. Samsung, like other myopic vendors, think adding features is more important than adding usability.
  • Reply 31 of 100
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member
    They can't even make a commercial on their own without copying it.
  • Reply 32 of 100
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

I wonder how things go during Samsung meetings.. "Hey, let's copy that Apple <insert Apple product>".

• Reply 33 of 100
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,927member

Who said Sammy even obtained the rights?
  • Reply 34 of 100
    Shameless. That's all I can say. Just Shameless. A company with absolutely no ethics or pride.
  • Reply 35 of 100
    Apple does all the work, Samesung reaps reward by copying everything Apple. I strongly believe Samsung assumes Apple would use this type of Ad for the new iWatch and decided to take it for themselves. Typical Samesung...heh.
  • Reply 36 of 100
    citycity Posts: 522member

Samsung could get mileage by reviving the "Intel Inside" ads, as in "Samsung Inside" the iPhone.

• Reply 37 of 100
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,386member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wovel View Post

Yeah, except it won't do that. In fact the gear is so crappy it will make any watch Apple releases (if they do) look far better by comparison. Like the MS Slate nonsense, they tried to enter the market before Apple defined it for them.

TheVerge, a site that is basically sponsored by Samsung (MASSIVE Samsung paged sized ads all the time) gave the Galaxy gear a 4/10. So yeah, the product is complete shit, a under-developed product that was rushed to market so secure the FIRST! label, a cynical move by a company that doesnt take pride in their products, doesnt respect their consumers, and doesnt give a shit about producing something of quality. 

• Reply 38 of 100
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by city View Post

Samsung could get mileage by reviving the "Intel Inside" ads, as in "Samsung Inside" the iPhone.

Not really. The A7 is an Apple chip, it's Apple designed, and Samsung just happens to be the bums that manufacture some stuff for Apple.

Samsung can not put an A7 chip in their Android phones, as it's not their chip, and that's why the iPhone blows away all Android phones.

• Reply 39 of 100
    bilbo63bilbo63 Posts: 285member

If by "next big thing", they're referring to that giant turd that they think people will want to wear on their wrists, then yeah, it's the next big thing.

• Reply 40 of 100
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    As unoriginal as it gets. But it doesn't matter because people are fooled.