iOS 7 feature focus: Quick access to '.com,' '?' and other hidden keys

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I just checked.  Tim isn't God.    Tim is the CEO of Apple.

Tim isn't even Steve.
  • Reply 22 of 51
    drblankdrblank Posts: 3,385member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuniverse View Post

And Steve isn't God either.  I checked.  Isn't there only one God?  God isn't a man or woman, it's non-sexual to my knowledge.  No moving parts if you will.  

• Reply 23 of 51
    As lifeeditor points out, all this was available in iOS 6 the main difference now seems to be that thankfully the .com key never appears now, the hold-&-slide behaviour of the fullpoint key. I have being using these features long before iOS 7 appeared.
  • Reply 24 of 51
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    frood wrote: »
    Does iOS seven allow users to select their preferred keyboard app?

Do you know why the various versions (there is no ONE version) of Android allow you to customise and change various options?

Because the originals SUCK!

;)
  • Reply 25 of 51
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    drblank wrote: »

i have more reverence for Tim as Him than any of the other "God"s.
  • Reply 26 of 51
    This tap and slide has been around forever.
  • Reply 27 of 51
    steven n.steven n. Posts: 1,229member
    Has anyone found a faster way to the degree symbol other than the Japanese keyboard and hitting numbers/symbol and then press and hold the 3? Just for a: °
  • Reply 28 of 51
    lifeeditor wrote: »
    These features have been apart of iOS for a long time. You just noticed? Wow. I have been using these features for years. You need to go back and play with iOS6 some more.
    I know, I've also seen them in Mac OS too.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    Well, I can tap and hold on the period key and obtain an ellipse, but following the guidance above I do not get the URL option group, any suggestions as to what my error might be? Thanks
  • Reply 30 of 51
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    yuniverse wrote: »

And Steve isn't God either.  I checked.  Isn't there only one God?  God isn't a man or woman, it's non-sexual to my knowledge.  No moving parts if you will.  

Where do you guys check all this info? I tried Google, but as usual it gave me total non-answers.
    stu277 wrote: »
    Well, I can tap and hold on the period key and obtain an ellipse, but following the guidance above I do not get the URL option group, any suggestions as to what my error might be? Thanks

You sure you're typing in the address bar of Safari? These keyboard options are regionalized and work differently from app to app.
  • Reply 31 of 51
    Bit surprised the article is so short. They could've included the new location for [S]Find on Page[/S] in Safari, tab on the new dictionaries we can download. You know, useful stuff. Also, Siri can read your emails out loud. Close 3 apps at once when in multi tasking view...

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/33102/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

PS: strange toolbar today in the editor on AI:

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/33103/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
  • Reply 32 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

Has anyone found a faster way to the degree symbol other than the Japanese keyboard and hitting numbers/symbol and then press and hold the 3? Just for a: °

The degree symbol is with the number 0. Tap and hold the 0 and then slide to the  °. On my 4s, if I am in the number keyboard and hold the 0, the degree pops up fairly quickly. If I'm in the alpha keyboard and hold the 123 key and slide to the 0 and hold, the degree takes a second or two to pop up, probably much faster on newer phones.

• Reply 33 of 51
    srangersranger Posts: 473member

That works great! Thanks...

• Reply 34 of 51
    tap & hold the "0" (Zero) key will allow you to select 0 or the degree sign
  • Reply 35 of 51
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Bit surprised the article is so short. They could've included the new location for Find on Page in Safari, tab on the new dictionaries we can download. You know, useful stuff. Also, Siri can read your emails out loud. Close 3 apps at once when in multi tasking view...

PS: strange toolbar today in the editor on AI:

Just loaded up the English dictionary. Good tip. I didn't know about that one.

• Reply 36 of 51
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member

There aren't ANY gods.
  • Reply 37 of 51
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    The only thing new here is the relocated domain buttons. None of the rest require upgrading to iOS 7.
  • Reply 38 of 51
    dysamoria wrote: »
    There aren't ANY gods.

Believe all you want.
  • Reply 39 of 51
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Does iOS seven allow users to select their preferred keyboard app?  Or does Apple still lock users into using just their keyboard and 'swype' some of the more popular features from third party apps as their own?

If a default option is the best in it's class then customisations can only ever detract from it. Apple spends their time refining the default option rather than confusing users with a smorgasbord of mediocre offerings.

• Reply 40 of 51

Same difference. :P