Best Buy trade-in offer to take any working smartphone for at least $100 toward iPhone 5s, 5c

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by promise7 View Post

If this is anything like their iPhone 5 promo they ran a week before the 5s/5c came out then "any smartphone" means any smartphone that's "in their system". The previous iPhone 5 promo was trade in any smartphone for a minimum $100 gift card towards a iPhone 5, which is $99, so "free". I traded in a Motorola Droid 2 for it, which came out in 2010. You can see if your old smartphone is in their system by looking at this link, http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculator.cfm?category=mobile-phones if it's there you'll get a minimum of $100 regardless of what the site currently says. My Droid 2 was valued at $5, but during the promo the system adds a additional $95.

Thanks for the link!

• Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

No problem. You're free to buy the phone outright and use a prepaid service.

Choice is good, right?

Is that available yet? I tried to buy a 16gb 5s outright and was told they wouldn't sell it to me since I'm not eligible for any kind of upgrade.

• Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AtDIelement View Post

Is that available yet? I tried to buy a 16gb 5s outright and was told they wouldn't sell it to me since I'm not eligible for any kind of upgrade.

That's odd, if your trying to buy the phone outright (at full price) then it shouldn't matter if your eligible for a upgrade or not.  If your trying to do this deal though, then you have to have a upgrade available. I'm not sure if you can just extend your contract before your upgrade is up.

• Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by promise7 View Post

That's odd, if your trying to buy the phone outright (at full price) then it shouldn't matter if your eligible for a upgrade or not.  If your trying to do this deal though, then you have to have a upgrade available. I'm not sure if you can just extend your contract before your upgrade is up.

Apparently, it's at Apple's request that they don't sell at full price for a few weeks. I guess to stop the eBay trolls?

• Reply 25 of 26
    I have done this in years past - sold my iPhone for cash. I went with Gazelle this year and got $225 for my 16gb 4S. It was the price offered for a iPhone of that kind in excellent condition. If you are jumping in now you aren't going to get as much because the market is over saturated with all these older iPhones. I think Best Buy is really overpriced and can see them going out of business sooner rather than later.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member

We got a deal similar to this from Verizon. We had to trade in two phones and buy an accessory for each. We traded in two Virgin Mobile Kyocera Rises and got two 5cs for $0.

- Jasen.