How Apple's iPhone rapidly destroyed Nokia's world leading Symbian platform

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 62
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

Samsung doesn't know software but they sure know how to get their devices in the hands of consumers. It's been profitable for them up to now but will they eventually go the way of Dell, Gateway, etc?

Well, the might loose their phone HW market share, if there is something better coming. As for the company itself I don't think so: they're so mighty big it's hard to imagine how this could come tumbling down. They're a conglomerate, and I don't know if one side of their business can financially support another side.

Products and Services, from wiki:

Apparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, precision instruments, semiconductors, ships, telecommunications equipment
    Services Advertising, construction, entertainment, financial services, hospitality, information and communications technology services, medical services, retail

And their freaking big numbers:

Revenue US$ 268.8 billion (FY 2012)[1]
    Net income US$ 30.1 billion(FY 2013)[1]
    Total assets US$ 590.4billion (FY 2013)[1]
    Total equity US$ 256.3 billion (FY 2013)[1]
    Employees 427,000 (FY 2013)[1]
    Subsidiaries Samsung Electronics
    Samsung Life Insurance
    Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance
    Samsung Heavy Industries
    Samsung C&T
    Samsung SDS
    Samsung Techwin etc.
  • Reply 62 of 62
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    philboogie wrote: »
    Well, the might loose their phone HW market share, if there is something better coming. As for the company itself I don't think so: they're so mighty big it's hard to imagine how this could come tumbling down. They're a conglomerate, and I don't know if one side of their business can financially support another side.

Products and Services, from wiki:

Apparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, precision instruments, semiconductors, ships, telecommunications equipment
    Services Advertising, construction, entertainment, financial services, hospitality, information and communications technology services, medical services, retail

And their freaking big numbers:

Revenue US$ 268.8 billion (FY 2012)[1]
    Net income US$ 30.1 billion(FY 2013)[1]
    Total assets US$ 590.4billion (FY 2013)[1]
    Total equity US$ 256.3 billion (FY 2013)[1]
    Employees 427,000 (FY 2013)[1]
    Subsidiaries Samsung Electronics
    Samsung Life Insurance
    Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance
    Samsung Heavy Industries
    Samsung C&T
    Samsung SDS
    Samsung Techwin etc.

Thanks, good info but yes I meant Samsung as a handset maker.