Chevy bringing Apple's Siri Eyes Free to six more 2014 models

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Actually, I would not if Android was the only option (I currently own a BMW).

In fact, that's the reason I won't (yet) consider a Tesla.

In that instance it would make sense though.  If there were two cars I liked about equally and one worked with my phone and the other didn't of course I'd pick the one that did.

My primary reason for not buying the other one wouldn't be 'because it supports Siri', but rather 'because it does not support Android.'  I think there are very few 'haters' on either side (but they are clearly there), and of those small numbers an ever fewer number are so far gone and radicalized that they wouldn't buy a car over it.  Maybe TS and Apple II will commit to never buying a car that supports Android even if it has Siri =p 

• Reply 22 of 26
    wingswings Posts: 261member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Frood View Post

Would you *not* buy a BMW (or other car) simply because they also support Android?

If they "also" support Android, fine. If they only support Android, no way.

Likewise, I wouldn't sit in a Ford with the engine running.

• Reply 23 of 26
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

That indeed has to stop, even if they think 'it's only for a second'

I can relate to that. If the units would make it easy and self-explainatory most people would. The fact that we need to copy over our address book to the unit has fail written al over it, in my book.

That is indeed a sad thing...

It's either going to stop on it's own by user awareness and education or those automatic door locks, automatic headlights are going to migrate to automatic cellphone disablers when motion above x-mph is detected.

• Reply 24 of 26
    Good, about time for the Camaro! What about the Corvete Stingray?!

Still they are behind, what about iOS in the Car?!
    http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/
  • Reply 25 of 26
    dilliodillio Posts: 106member
    Oh the irony of this. A brand compared to BMW gets their technology in a Chevy.