Anki Drive to bring video games into the real world next week for $199

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    fracfrac Posts: 480member
    Surprised that nobody has got beyond the 'game' aspect of Anki. Thinking further...
    Dynamic real world modelling in say drug therapy, population movement, service provision in city centre/urban areas, traffic control, accident prevention, flood control...to name a few. In fact anywhere that computer simulation is used for modelling could get a validation boost from such a real world implementation. That alone could maybe cut the roll-out time for new drugs if this sort of dynamic modelling allowed testing to be more focused and shorter.
    I'm sure there is more to this than replacing Scalectrix.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I like this URL because it removes all faith I have in humanity.

You had some? I haven't for about the last 40 years.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    It will sell because nothing like it has come before and will only improve over time. Don't underestimate the power of marketing in the world full of consumers. Don't let your own limitation be the limit of others. Well, this is the interweb, where everyone can spew their own opinion without thinking, or data to back it up.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

Wow. Lame video. Looks clunky and... Unfun.

I suggest then you go back and watch the WWDC Keynote.

This looks awesome even in a limited track design. The AI in this set was amazing. Artificial Intelligence Slot Car set? How could this be lame. ;-)