WSJ backpedals on iPhone 5c supply chain cuts story

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Whose expectations? How many stores did you go visit?

27% of 9MM is still more than most other phones.

I got the last 5c  at walmart for my daughter that they had.  They were sold out, and continue to do so on a weekly stock up basis.

The 5s's are worse at walmart. When they get stock its out, by the end of the day.  At least the 5c's stay in stock for a few days. But the associate told me that they get more of the 5c's than the 5s's so maybe thats why they stay in stock longer.

• Reply 82 of 84
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyDax View Post

I'd say this was more telling of the real situation:

Seems like Apple's underperforming in beating Apple in sales... the mix makes little to no difference!

In fact, they seem to have doubled their number of "flagships" by making 2 phones this year instead of 1. Incredible.

There are some huge companies weeping over the 5C. Apple isn't one of them.

When all four major carriers in the us report that the 5s is there number one selling phone, and the 5c is number two on two carriers and number three on the other two carriers, how can Blackbook call that poor sales of the 5c?:rolleyes:

• Reply 83 of 84
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

My theory is either it's deliberate manipulation or they are die hard Microcrap/PC users that hate Apple has shat (UK past tense) all over MS. Sometimes they might be both I guess. image

We only know a few facts and those are only for the initial time period.  It will really take one year of revenue and profit looking at each quarter year over year to judge if Apple has been successful in their stratagy.     Even then it will be hard to judge if the public choose the 5c because of the color or shunned it because they felt it was cheap.    I think that it would have taken releasing the 5c (mid-tier) and 5s (premium) in both metal and the polycarbonite  to know if the if the public likes or dislikes the plastic .     I think that would have been an interesting option.   I want to get a 5s because of the better hardware - especially the camara. The plastic colors will appeal to some and not others.

• Reply 84 of 84
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

When all four major carriers in the us report that the 5s is there number one selling phone, and the 5c is number two on two carriers and number three on the other two carriers, how can Blackbook call that poor sales of the 5c?:rolleyes:

It's called 'Browettism', or an inability to adjust your thinking. It was named after a retail director who, for a short time, was put in charge of one of the world's most profitable retail chains, and then tried to turn into a bargain basement outfit because that's what he was used and that's how he knew things worked.

The same mentality applies to analysts. They've been educated to believe that market-share is king and everything else (like profits) is just a throwaway metric not worthy of consideration. Faced with Apple's soaring profits, outrageous customer satisfaction scores, and the fact that most of the profit-generating mobile web requests run through IOS, the only logical conclusion they can draw is that this is a short-term aberration that will be corrected at some point in the future. If they can help this correction by posting a few negative stories here and there, then so much the better. For the sake of their prestige and sanity, normal service MUST be resumed as soon as possible.