Microsoft launches official Remote Desktop app for Apple's iOS

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    auxio wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    Designing a great UI for a rock solid foundation was easier than fixing Windows.

Admittedly, Windows NT was a good attempt (the other OS I used around that time).  But OS X surpassed it in a hurry.

I agree; NT, with SP3, was quite stable. I was the least annoying OS Microsoft ever released. Hardly any pop-ups when connecting stuff, hardly any 'it looks like you're (...), shall I (...) crap.

Though there was the occasional error. Weird error, like copying a user profile that was also logged in: "Copy Profile error. The command completed successfully"

Or this one:

• Reply 42 of 43
    ipenipen Posts: 410member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

Office, hotly anticipated by iPad users? I think not. Pages and Numbers are more than enough, and they work very well with iCloud. And there's also Google's free QuickOffice. Nobody needs Microsoft's products anymore.

Sorry, that's not the case in bign corporations.  MS suite is still pretty much the standard for many places I worked.

• Reply 43 of 43
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ipen View Post

Sorry, that's not the case in bign corporations.  MS suite is still pretty much the standard for many places I worked.

Not on iPad they're not and that's the key.

Pages and Numbers can for the most part do what most people use Word and Excel for. It's only going to be spreadsheets with Excel macros that are going to be the pain.