Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    Big, it will be.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheDavid311 View Post

I honestly believe Steve Jobs would never have greenlighted

I think the same about iOS7.  I recall reading he was fussy even about button size, down to the pixel.  iOS7 is just too dang small, unclear and bright.  Thankfully my 2nd gen iPad is in perfect condition so I will continue using it for some time to come.  

• Reply 23 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

When their new Campus 2 presentation centre is built, they should just put LCD displays all over the walls instead of these silly analog posters

They'd better be IGZO.

• Reply 24 of 35
    Quote:

As for iPad, I have a 1st Gen and a 2, I skipped the 3 and 4. I honestly believe Steve Jobs would never have greenlighted those last two, even with a Retina, simply because they were thicker and heavier than their predecessor. That's not like Apple at all and I believe he would have tore up their design and demanded them to "start over and don't come back til you have it right!" I may or may not trade in my 1st Gen for a 5, depending on how good it is. (Never getting rid of my 2) I'll wait for the Keynote.

It doesn't matter.

Like Scott Forstall, Steve is no longer an officer of the company and has no say in how it is run.

• Reply 25 of 35
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    I solved it- a new Apple TV with an antenna for network coverage. :D
  • Reply 26 of 35

I honestly believe Steve Jobs would never have greenlighted those last two, even with a Retina, simply because they were thicker and heavier than their predecessor.

You have to shut up. It’s for your own good; you look like a complete idiot.

Selection of products released by Apple under Steve Jobs that were heavier and/or thicker than their predecessors:

iMac (24” last-gen white) –> iMac (24” first-gen aluminum)

Mac Mini (Late 2009) –> Mac Mini (Mid 2010)

PowerMac G4 (AGP) –> PowerMac G4 (GigE)

PowerMac G4 (QuickSilver) –> PowerMac G4 (MDD)

PowerMac G4 (MDD 2003) –> PowerMac G5

PowerMac G5 –> PowerMac G5 (June 2004)

MacBook (Mid 2009) –> MacBook (Late 2009)

MacBook Air (13” Late 2010) –> MacBook Air (13” Mid 2011)

MacBook Pro (Early 2008) –> MacBook Pro (Late 2008)*

PowerBook G3 (Bronze) –> PowerBook G3 (FireWire)

PowerBook G4 (last-gen Titanium) –> PowerBook G4 (15” first-gen aluminum)

PowerBook G4 (DLSD) –> MacBook Pro

Xserve G4 –> Xserve G5

Apple Studio Display (17”) –> Apple Studio Display (17” ADC)

Apple USB Mouse (puck) –> Apple Pro Mouse

Apple USB Keyboard –> Apple Pro Keyboard

AirPort Extreme (802.11g) –> AirPort Extreme (802.11n)

AirPort Extreme (802.11n 5th gen) –> AirPort Extreme (802.11ac)

And now the “really important” stuff; the stuff that makes you look like a fool the most.

iPhone –> iPhone 3G

iPhone 3G –> iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4 –> iPhone 4S

iPod (4th gen) –> iPod photo (4.5th gen)

iPod nano (2nd gen) –> iPod nano (3rd gen)

iPod touch –> iPod touch (2nd gen)

*Yes, both screen sizes of the first unibody revision were LARGER and HEAVIER than their predecessors.

• Reply 27 of 35

Tallest Skil: four letters for you: d, a, m, n.

Better don't get you started on some Apple stuff, hein? :) :) :)
  • Reply 28 of 35
    brutus009 wrote: »
    I think it's the color palette. Nothing I've seen in Mavericks makes me think that all those pastels are pointing to OS X.

Color,
    Timing (it was this time last year that the last iPad event was held).
    Fact that Mavericks was already presented and anything here would be likely a very casual mention of the date and pricing.

A phrase like 'a lot more to cover' implies they are going to focus in the things apple hasn't had in a keynote or released on the QT already and the big for that is iPads
  • Reply 29 of 35
    You have to shut up. It’s for your own good; you look like a complete idiot.

Selection of products released by Apple under Steve Jobs that were heavier and/or thicker than their predecessors:
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">iMac (</span>
    24” last-gen white) <span style="line-height:1.4em;">–> iMac (24” first-gen aluminum)</span>

Mac Mini (Late 2009) –> Mac Mini (Mid 2010)
    PowerMac G4 (AGP) –> PowerMac G4 (GigE)
    PowerMac G4 (QuickSilver) –> PowerMac G4 (MDD)
    PowerMac G4 (MDD 2003) –> PowerMac G5
    PowerMac G5 –> PowerMac G5 (June 2004)
    MacBook (Mid 2009) –> MacBook (Late 2009)
    MacBook Air (13” Late 2010) –> MacBook Air (13” Mid 2011)
    MacBook Pro (Early 2008) –> MacBook Pro (Late 2008)*
    PowerBook G3 (Bronze) –> PowerBook G3 (FireWire)
    PowerBook G4 (last-gen Titanium) –> PowerBook G4 (15” first-gen aluminum)
    PowerBook G4 (DLSD) –> MacBook Pro
    Xserve G4 –> Xserve G5
    Apple Studio Display (17”) –> Apple Studio Display (17” ADC)
    Apple USB Mouse (puck) –> Apple Pro Mouse
    Apple USB Keyboard –> Apple Pro Keyboard
    AirPort Extreme (802.11g) –> AirPort Extreme (802.11n)
    AirPort Extreme (802.11n 5th gen) –> AirPort Extreme (802.11ac)

And now the “really important” stuff; the stuff that makes you look like a fool the most.
    iPhone –> iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3G –> iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4 –> iPhone 4S
    iPod (4th gen) –> iPod photo (4.5th gen)
    iPod nano (2nd gen) –> iPod nano (3rd gen)
    iPod touch –> iPod touch (2nd gen)

[SIZE=10px]*Yes, both screen sizes of the first unibody revision were LARGER and HEAVIER than their predecessors.[/SIZE]

You have far too much time on your hands and a peculiar way in which you use it. Your retort is a little excessive and unnecessarily harsh (not that that's anything new.)
  • Reply 30 of 35
    I'd love a gold iPad Mini w/ retina. I'm sure that one will be hard to get though.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    racingbull wrote: »

Then one iPad update with ios7.1 and iCloud with, for instance, a storage capacity for photostream similar as flickr's

1. Such an iCloud update is more likely to be mentioned with iPhones
    2. Shared photostreams, especially with the public website, basically is there. Only difference is the lack of a public homepage, which I admit is something I wouldn't mind Apple bringing back
  • Reply 32 of 35
    Originally Posted by oneaburns View Post

You have far too much time on your hands and a peculiar way in which you use it. Your retort is a little excessive and unnecessarily harsh (not that that's anything new.)

I’m sick of FUD.

Simple.

• Reply 33 of 35
    I’m sick of FUD.

Simple.

Take it easy man. You're going to give yourself a heart attack. You sound like me arguing with people about the recent government shutdown :)
  • Reply 34 of 35
    Originally Posted by oneaburns View Post

Take it easy man. You're going to give yourself a heart attack. You sound like me arguing with people about the recent government shutdown image

Oh, that was YOU, was it?! Well, it was [name]’s fault! [Gender pronoun] caused the [political party] to shut the government down, and you KNOW IT!

:p

• Reply 35 of 35
    ombra2105 wrote: »
    For some reason, I'm not buying that this will be an iPad, Mavericks/Mac Pro-only event, it would feel too routine. I think the tag line along with the more colourful than usual invite rather suggests that they want to discuss a large video display, perhaps the long rumoured true Apple TV or a retina iMac?

Personally I think the reason for the bigger venue is the desire for a large and more diverse audience. Some sites focus in computers not devices so they wouldn't care about the iPhone. But there would be something here for them. And even some general tech and entertainment type media might be on the list

Why? Because this is the final announcement. Everything for the year they haven't talked about or done.

So what kind of stuff, it some or all of:
    iPads
    Mavericks release date and pricing
    iOS/OS iLife and iWork
    Pro apps
    Apple TV STB revamp for AC wifi, perhaps also h.265 support
    Mac Pro release date
    New cinema displays, hopefully with HDMI and new sizes to make them useful as a TV screen and even perhaps 4k computer monitor use
    New stuff in the iTunes stores, such as h.265 support both for small files and better quality. Pricing, release dates, finally getting extras back on the ATV and into iPads if not also iPhones. Better discovery
    New Mac mini
    New notebooks