Good: Apple leads business adoption with 72% mobile devices, 90% of tablets, 95% of apps

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

*cue weird dancing*

Based on Ballmer's moves???

• Reply 22 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

But… but businesses NEED Office! You’re an idiot for thinking otherwise!

I just wonder.... Delta Airlines will belong to those 0.-something% that make out the windows tablet usage in enterprises.

Well done Delta!

• Reply 23 of 33
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    lkrupp wrote: »

Everybody knows that. Duh!

You know, we hear this all the time from the sycophants but the top guys at Microsoft and Google must see this trend and fully realize what's happening. The enterprise ecosystem is being disrupted by Apple in a big way. Soon it may be "Nobody ever got fired for buying iPads and iPhones" instead of IBM. They ignore it at their peril.

Those Delta execs that accepted the hand out of MS tablets must be feeling a little out on a limb right about know .... :D
  • Reply 24 of 33
    fallenjt wrote: »
    Surface Pro, the tablet with cooling fans? Lol. What world are you living in, 3rd or 4th?

The one with a sense of sarcastic humor I guess...
  • Reply 25 of 33
    mstone wrote: »
    I think they are using iWork to read, edit, and share Office compatible documents. Office is the most ubiquitous file format for business and since iPad with iWork reads and saves 90% of common Office documents, why rock the boat? I seriously doubt any business execs are stupid enough to try to send Pages or Numbers documents to their associates who may be at the office on Windows. I don't see iWork ever becoming the default standard file format like Office is now, at least not for a decade or two.

It just goes to show that Office is not really needed on iPad because hardly anyone uses the advanced features that would make it incompatible with iWork. Most documents are straight forward spread sheets and letters. The one area that iWork and Office are not very compatible in is Keynote/Powerpoint. Any sort of animation is going to break when opened on the other platform.

And this is why MS won't release office for iOS. they know that would kill the surface!
  • Reply 26 of 33
    darthw wrote: »
    And this is why MS won't release office for iOS. they know that would kill the surface!

Quite the dilemma ... screwed if they do screwed if they don't. New iWork is a comin' (I remembered not to say iWorks ... yeah!)
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

(I remembered not to say iWorks ... yeah!)

I’ve noticed the only people who do this are those who are old enough to remember AppleWorks (or ClarisWorks). :p 

• Reply 28 of 33
    Quite the dilemma ... screwed if they do screwed if they don't. New iWork is a comin' (I remembered not to say iWorks ... yeah!)

It would be super sweet if iWork was a big part of next week's announcements...
  • Reply 29 of 33
    applguy wrote: »
    Sadly, I just learned our company of greater than 100,000 global workers will be leaving Blackberry and going to Android. They value security so this is going to be fun to watch. Torture too, but also fun. The new business crowd will now sport 2 phones - either 2 iPhones or an Android and iPhone.

Won't they be surprised at the first sign of a widespread Android virus. Ouch!
  • Reply 30 of 33
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Won't they be surprised at the first sign of a widespread Android virus. Ouch!
    I don't think there are any Android viruses. You probably meant malware in general which can mean any number of things.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    applguy wrote: »
    Sadly, I just learned our company of greater than 100,000 global workers will be leaving Blackberry and going to Android. They value security so this is going to be fun to watch. Torture too, but also fun. The new business crowd will now sport 2 phones - either 2 iPhones or an Android and iPhone.

Boeing perhaps? I saw a news article a few days back where they're moving to Android but I don't think it was 100K users, closer to 40K.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    More bad news for Boeing, then. I think the company must be thoroughly demoralized by now, having their Dreamliner turned into a Nightmare, losing JAL, and now having to swallow the toy green robot.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    flaneur wrote: »
    More bad news for Boeing, then. I think the company must be thoroughly demoralized by now, having their Dreamliner turned into a Nightmare, losing JAL, and now having to swallow the toy green robot.

I know someone who works at Boeing. AFAIK, they are still a multi-device company (iPhones, Blackberries, etc.)